Bisoprolol is a drug that affects the cardiovascular system through selective blockade of beta1-adrenergic receptors.
Bisoprolol has antianginal (antiischemic) properties, which are expressed in the ability of the drug to reduce heart rate and myocardial contractility, reducing myocardial oxygen consumption and improves blood supply. Hypotensive effect (reduction in blood pressure) Bisoprolol due to its ability to reduce total peripheral resistance and decrease cardiac output.
The application allows to stop Bisoprolol tachycardia, inhibit the activity of the sympathetic nervous system, lower blood pressure, slow atrioventricular conduction, indicating that the antiarrhythmic effect of the drug. The active ingredient of the drug is bisoprolol fumarate. The maximum effect of the drug is observed 1-3 hours after oral administration of bisoprolol and persists for days.
As instructed, bisoprolol indicated for hypertension, angina pectoris (ischemic heart disease), rhythm disturbances, as well as in the treatment of chronic heart failure.
Instructions for use Bisoprolol
Bisoprolol is released in the form of tablets containing 2, 5 mg, 5 mg or 10 mg of active substance. The drug should be swallowed whole, without chewing, drinking water. Take bisoprolol is recommended in the morning, regardless of the meal. The dosage regimen is determined by the physician individually for each patient.
According to the instructions to bisoprolol, use of the drug in stable angina and hypertension should start with 2, 5-5 mg per day followed by an increase to 5-10 mg, not exceeding a daily dose of 20 mg.
In chronic heart failure the use of Bisoprolol possible only by the patient in a state of stabilization over the past 6 weeks
. During the first week of such patients take one 25 mg once daily, application of analogues Bisoprolol corresponding desired dosage
. The second week of the drug is assigned 2, 5 mg per day, third week - 3, 75 mg, four to eight week - 5 mg, the eighth to twelfth week - 7, 5 mg, after twelve weeks of daily Bisoprolol dose increased to 10 mg
. Patients with chronic heart failure after initiation of bisoprolol during the first few hours should be checked blood pressure, conductivity, heart rate compliance rate
. If all indicators are OK, it may further increase the dose if there are deviations, required removal of the drug
. The maximum daily dose is 20 mg Bisoprolol and patients with severely impaired hepatic function, and renal insufficiency should not take more than 10 mg per day
. To stop the use of Bisoprolol should be slowly, gradually reducing the dose
The instructions to bisoprolol indicated the following possible reaction of the organism to the drug:
- depression, sleep disturbances, headache, dizziness, hallucinations, numbness, tingling;
- conjunctivitis, decreased slezovydeleniya, blurred vision;
- early treatment possible deterioration of patients with Raynaud's syndrome and intermittent claudication;
- bradycardia, orthostatic hypotension, a violation of atrioventricular conduction;
- nasal congestion, bronchial spasm, shortness of breath;
- abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, elevated liver enzymes in the blood;
- convulsions, muscle weakness, mono- or polyarthritis;
- rashes on the skin, redness, itching, excessive sweating;
- tinnitus, hair loss, short term memory loss, weight gain.
Before using Bisoprolol instruction to him to be studied in detail because the drug has a number of contraindications;
- atrioventricular block second and third degree;
- cardiogenic shock;
- sick sinus syndrome;
- expressed sinoatrial block;
- the phase of decompensation of heart failure;
- Raynaud's disease, severe peripheral circulatory disorders;
- obstructive airways diseases, including asthma;
- concurrent use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors;
- Children up to age 18;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- hypersensitivity to bisopralola fumarate.
Caution is needed in the appointment of Bisoprolol in the following diseases: diabetes, metabolic acidosis, thyrotoxicosis, vasospastic angina pectoris, atrioventricular block first degree. Additional medical consultation is required on the use of Bisoprolol with strict diet and desensitizing (anti-allergic) therapy.
Storage Bisoprolol should be made in the original packaging in a place where the temperature does not exceed 25
C. Since the production of the drug is considered to be fit for 3 years.
One of the unique bisoprolol Bisoprolol is Prana. This drug is available in the form of tablets, each containing 10 mg of bisoprolol.
Mode of action, dosing regimen, indications and contraindications, adverse reactions Prana Bisoprolol Bisoprolol correspond to similar features. Accepted bisoprolol Prana based on the number of active substances contained in 1 tablet.
Other analogs include Bisoprolol Bisogamma, Bisokard, Concor, Coronal.