Biltricid - worming medication.
Structure and Composition
Biltricid provided in the form of tablets, film-coated. The main active ingredient of each tablet is 600 mg praziquantel. Auxiliary preparation components: microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide, macrogol 4000, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, povidone.
The bottle of dark glass of 6 pieces.
Pharmacological action biltricid
Biltricid of instruction is anthelmintic drug that enhances the permeability of cell membranes for calcium ions helminths. This, in turn, stimulates the generalized reduction in parasites and muscle glucose uptake by cells stops worms. While applying biltricid reduces glycogen and promotes release of the compounds of lactic acid, leading to the death of the parasite. Praziquantel specifically active against cestodes and trematodes.
According to the instructions biltricid indicated for the treatment of infections caused by all sorts of species of schistosome (Schistosoma mekongi, Schistosoma intercalatum, Schistosoma haematobium, Schistosoma japonicum, Schistosoma mansoni), and also due to liver fluke (Opistorchis viverrini, Clonorchis sinensis) and lung fluke (Paragonimus westermani).
Application biltricid contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the main or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Children under four years;
- In combination with rifampicin;
- Cysticercosis eyes.
In the opinion of biltricid should be used with caution in cardiac arrhythmias, gepatolienalny schistosomiasis, decompensated liver failure.
Dosing and dosing regimen biltricid
According to the instructions biltricid intended for ingestion. Tablets are taken as a whole, without chewing, with some water. Exercise should be receiving shortly before or directly during a meal. If the recommended dosage is 1 tablet biltricid a day, it is best to take it in the evening. If the application is biltricid repeated during the day, then the dosing interval must be observed tablets 4-6 hours.
Dosages biltricid set individually, depending on the type of pathogen.
According to the instructions biltricid administered to children older than four years and adults in the following dosages:
- Once at 40 mg / kg body weight for infections caused by Schistosoma haematobium;
- At 20 mg / kg twice daily, or 40 mg / kg once with infections caused by Schistosoma intercalatum and Schistosoma mansoni;
- At 30 mg / kg twice daily, or 60 mg / kg once with infections caused by Schistosoma japonicum, Schistosoma mekongi;
- At 25 mg / kg body weight three times a day for 1-3 days with infections caused by Clonorchis sinensis, Opisthorchis viverrini, Paragonimus westermani.
Application biltricid during pregnancy and breastfeeding
In the opinion of biltricid not recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy. Since praziquantel into breast milk, the period of reception biltricid breastfeeding is recommended pause and the next day after dosing.
In the opinion of biltricid may cause the following side effects:
- Cardiovascular system: arrhythmia.
- Digestive system: vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, bloody diarrhea, loss of appetite.
- Musculoskeletal System: myalgia.
- Central nervous system: dizziness, headache, convulsions, drowsiness.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, generalized allergic reactions, including polyserositis.
- Other side effects: fever, asthenia.
Drug interaction biltricid
When combined with biltricid anticonvulsants, drugs that induce hepatic cytochrome enzymes P450 dexamethasone can be reduced concentration biltricid main component in plasma. When combined with biltricid drugs inhibit the enzyme cytochrome P450 system of the liver, concentration of praziquantel may instead increase in blood plasma.
Simultaneous application biltricid chloroquine and lowers the level of blood plasma prazikvntela.
According to the instructions biltricid refers to drugs List B with a recommended shelf life of 5 years.