Atrovent - synthetic drug used to prevent brohnospazma bronchial asthma.
The active substance Atrovent prevents bronchospasm, which may result from inhalation of cold air or cigarette smoke, the effect of different drugs, as well as due to the influence of the vagus nerve. The maximal effect of the drug in each dosage form is achieved after a few hours. Atrovent Review improves external respiration in asthma.
Form release Atrovent
Produced in two dosage forms:
- Colourless solution for inhalation Atrovent in 1 ml - 250 mg anhydrous ipratropium bromide. Excipients - Disodium edetate dihydrate, benzalkonium chloride, hydrochloric acid, sodium chloride and purified water. The glass flakonah- 20 ml;
- Atrovent metered aerosol inhalation, 1 dose contains 20 micrograms ipratropium bromide monohydrate. 10 ml (200 doses) in cans of stainless steel with a mouthpiece, and a metering valve.
According to the instructions Atrovent is used for:
- Bronchial asthma medium and mild;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, including emphysema and chronic obstructive bronchitis.
The drug in any dosage forms apply contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the components of Atrovent.
Atrovent according to the instructions in pregnancy and lactation is prescribed only under strict indications. The drug should be used with caution:
- Prostatic hyperplasia;
- When urinary tract obstruction;
- When angle-closure glaucoma;
- In children younger than 6 years.
The dosage regimen for inhalation solution Atrovent selected individually. Children from 12 years and adults usually appoint 3-4 inhalations a day for 2 ml, which corresponds to 40 drops, maximum - 8 ml. The daily dose of Atrovent inhalation solution for children depends on age:
- Up to 6 years - 10-20 drops 3-4 inhalations per day;
- From 6 to 12 years - 20 drops up to 4 times per day.
According to the instructions Atrovent for children is recommended only under medical supervision.
The required dose of Atrovent inhalation solution immediately before the procedure should be diluted with saline to a volume of 3.4 ml. Reuse remaining after inhalation of a solution is impossible.
Aerosol Atrovent administered up to 4 times a day for 2 inhalation doses, but not more than 12 inhalations per day.
Atrovent should not be used for emergency relief of asthma attacks, and more than the recommended dose during maintenance treatment or treatment of acute bronchospasm.
Care should be taken while the application Atrovent with tricyclic antidepressants, beta 2-agonists, antiparkinsonian agents, xanthine derivatives, quinidine and other anticholinergics.
In the opinion of Atrovent often cause dry mouth, headache, and motility disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Additionally, the drug may cause:
- Supraventricular tachycardia, increased heart rate, disturbance of accommodation, atrial fibrillation, palpitations, urinary retention;
- Local irritation and cough, rarely - paradoxical bronchospasm;
- Mydriasis and increased intraocular pressure - Atrovent when hit in the eye;
- Skin rash, laryngospasm, hives, itching, swelling of tongue and face, angioedema, anaphylactic reactions.
Atrovent - drug prescription with a shelf life of 3 years.