Artrozan - selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
The drug Artrozan released in two dosage forms:
- Light yellow Artrozan cylindrical tablets containing 7, 5 and 15 mg of meloxicam. Excipients - lactose monohydrate, trisodium citrate, magnesium stearate, potato starch, povidone, and colloidal silicon dioxide. 20 tablets in contour packaging;
- Greenish-yellow, transparent solution for intramuscular injection containing 1 mL of 6 mg of meloxicam. The ampoules of 2, 5 ml of 3 or 5 ampoules per pack.
Pharmacological action Artrozana
The drug Artrozan has antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
Compared with non-selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs Artrozan Review improves quality of life, if necessary, long-term use of painkillers.
According to the instructions Artrozan used as symptomatic therapy in the treatment of:
- Rheumatoid arthritis;
- Ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis);
- Of osteoarthritis;
- Other inflammatory and degenerative diseases that are accompanied by pain.
Artrozan contraindicated for instructions apply when:
- Acute gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- "Aspirin" asthma;
- And severe hepatic and renal failure;
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance - meloxicam or other components of the tablets and solution for injections Artrozan.
Lactation and pregnancy as a contraindication to the use of Artrozana. Injections do not apply at the age of 18 tablets - 15 years.
Instructions Artrozana: methods of use
Injections Artrozanom used only in the first few days of treatment once daily for 7, 5 or 15 ml, then the treatment continues tablets. Because of the risk of side effects the drug is recommended to be used in the lowest effective doses. Artrozanom injections should be administered only intramuscularly and the drug is not recommended to mix in the same syringe with other drugs.
Artrozan Tablets taken once a day, preferably during meals. The maximum daily dose - 15 mg. Dosage depends on the disease:
- Osteoarthritis take one tablet Artrozana 7, 5 mg, in the absence of effective dose can be doubled;
- The recommended daily dose for rheumatoid arthritis - 15 mg, after improving dose can be reduced to 7, 5 mg per day;
- Ankylosing spondylitis Artrozana take one tablet 15 mg per day.
According to the instructions Artrozanu, an overdose may occur epigastric pain, impairment of consciousness, nausea, respiratory arrest, vomiting, acute renal and hepatic failure, asystole.
Care should be taken while applying Artrozana with antihypertensive drugs, methotrexate, diuretics, cyclosporine, lithium, and some other drugs. The risk of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract is increased while applying Artrozana with other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, including aspirin.
Artrozan used with caution in patients with erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in history and in the elderly.
Artrozan, reviews confirm, can cause a variety of adverse effects:
- Exacerbation of asthma and cough;
- Confusion, headache, tinnitus, dizziness, disorientation and sleep disruption;
- Hematuria, interstitial nephritis, edema, urinary tract infection, renal medullary necrosis, proteinuria, renal insufficiency;
- Anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia;
- Increased blood pressure, tachycardia, feeling hot flushes;
- Nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, esophagitis, stomatitis, diarrhea or constipation, perforation of the stomach or intestines, dry mouth. Much less Artrozan Review flatulence, hepatitis, colitis and increase in liver enzymes;
- Conjunctivitis and blurred vision;
- Increased photosensitivity and fever;
- Anaphylactoid reactions, skin rashes, allergic vasculitis, erythema multiforme exudative, swelling of the lips and tongue, toxic epidermal necrolysis, urticaria and itching.
The drug Artrozan prescription shelf life of the solution for injection - 5 years, tablets - 2 years.