Aminophylline - antiasthmatic agent, antispasmodic, bronchodilatory and vasodilating action.
Release form and composition
Aminophylline with the same active substance produced in the form of:
- 350 mg tablets. The package of 10 pieces;
- 2, 4% solution for injections. In vials of 10 ml;
- Rectal suppository of 360 mg.
In accordance with an instruction Aminophylline as a solution for injection is used as a monotherapy or additional agent for combination therapy in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Neonatal apnea;
- Status asthmaticus;
- The cerebral circulation on ischemic type;
- Edematous syndrome of renal origin;
- Left ventricular failure, respiratory failure accompanied by the type of Cheyne-Stokes and bronchospasm;
- Acute and chronic heart failure.
Aminophylline tablets and suppositories indicated for the treatment:
- Sleep apnea;
- Hypertension in the pulmonary circulation;
- Broncho-obstructive syndrome of different genesis, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Chronic and acute heart failure (in combination therapy).
Application of Aminophylline is contraindicated:
- In severe arterial hyper- or hypotension;
- If tachyarrhythmia;
- Against the background of gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer in the acute phase;
- When giperatsidnom gastritis;
- Against the backdrop of severe violations of the liver and kidneys;
- In epilepsy;
- In hemorrhagic stroke;
- When retinal hemorrhage;
- Simultaneously with ephedrine in children;
- Nursing and pregnant women;
- When hypersensitive to components of the drug as well as other xanthine derivatives: caffeine, pentoxifylline, theobromine.
In the treatment of apnea of newborn drug is fed through a nasogastric tube. Injection Aminophylline prescribed to children from 3 years old, tablets - 12 years.
Dosage and Administration
The dosage regimen set Aminophylline physician individually depending on the age, indications clinical situation, circuits, and routes of administration, as well as nicotine dependence.
Aminophylline slowly injected intravenously (2 ml / min) 1-3 times a day, 4-6 mg / kg.
When administered initial dosage medication is 1 tablet per day, divided into 2 parts (the interval between doses - 12 hours). Increase the dose every 3 days until optimal therapeutic effect is achieved. Lower dosages are used in chronic cardiac and hepatic insufficiency, acute pneumonia, viral infections and in elderly people.
Adults administered rectally 1 suppository 2 times a day for children at the rate of 7 mg / kg of one-time, daily maximum of 15 mg / kg.
Application Aminophylline may lead to violations of some systems of the body, in most cases, manifested as:
- Tachycardia, palpitations, arrhythmia, false angina, lower blood pressure, increase in frequency of angina attacks;
- Insomnia, dizziness, anxiety, irritability, headache, agitation, tremor;
- Itchy skin, skin rashes, fever;
- Vomiting, gastralgia, diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, gastroesophageal reflux, peptic ulcer exacerbation;
- Diuresis, chest pain, a feeling of flushing, tachypnea, hematuria, albuminuria, hypoglycemia, increased sweating.
When rectal Aminophylline may develop proctitis, and irritation of the mucous membrane of the rectum.
Against the background of long-term therapy may experience loss of appetite.
The severity of side effects depends on the received dosage.
Caution must be exercised with concomitant use of anticoagulants, as well as other derivatives of purine or theophylline.
During treatment is not recommended to use large amounts of caffeine-containing beverages or products.
Combined use of beta-blockers and glucose solution must be avoided.
Aminophylline analogues are:
- According to the active substance - Eufillin and Aminophylline, Eskom;
- According to the mechanism of action - Teobiolong, Teotard, teopeka, Theobromine, Diprofillin, Neo-Teofedrin.
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Aminophylline released on prescription.
A preparation in the form of an injectable solution stored for 3 years at a temperature of 5-20 ° C, and tablets of 5 years at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.