Ambrogeksal - expectorant and mucolytic medicine used in the treatment of respiratory diseases.
Release form and composition
Ambrogeksal produced in the form:
- White round tablets containing 30 mg of ambroxol hydrochloride and excipients: lactose monohydrate, dihydrate calcium hydrogen phosphate, corn starch, sodium carboxymethyl starch, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide. The blister packs of 10 pieces;
- Hard gelatin capsules of prolonged action with 75 mg of ambroxol hydrochloride and the excipients: microcrystalline cellulose, Eudragit RL30D and RS30D, triethyl citrate, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide, iron oxide red dye. The blister packs of 10 pieces;
- Colorless solution for inhalation and ingestion of the content in 1 ml (1 ml = 20 drops) 7. 5 mg of ambroxol hydrochloride and excipients: methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium disulphite, citric acid, sodium hydroxide and water. In flakonah- 50 ml;
- Yellowish syrup containing 1 ml of 3 mg of ambroxol hydrochloride and excipients: benzoic acid, sodium disulphite, citric acid monohydrate, sodium hydroxide, povidone, sorbitol solution 70%, 85% glycerol, sodium cyclamate, raspberry flavor, purified water. In the dark bottles of 100 ml with measuring spoon.
In accordance with the instructions ambrogeksal prescribed for the treatment of:
- Acute and chronic respiratory diseases characterized by the formation of a viscous secretion;
- Bronchial asthma with obstruction of sputum discharge;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Acute and chronic bronchitis;
Syrup, solution for oral and inhalation ambrogeksal also used for the treatment and prevention of respiratory distress syndrome.
Contraindications to the use ambrogeksal are:
- The first trimester of pregnancy;
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance (ambroxol) and auxiliary components medicament.
According to the instructions in the form of tablets ambrogeksal allowed from 6 years old, capsules - 12 years.
With care prescribe medication lactating women, as well as on the background:
- Gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer (due to the risk of possible worsening of the disease);
- Kidney and liver failure.
Dosage and Administration
Syrup ambrogeksal children after 12 years and adults administered 3 times a day for 2 scoops (30 mg). Maximum - 120 mg per day. After improvement is recommended to reduce the dosing frequency to 2 times a day.
According to the instructions ambrogeksal syrup used according to the following scheme:
- Children 6-12 years old - one measuring spoon 2-3 times a day;
- Children 2-5 years of age - 0, 5 scoops three times a day;
- Children under two years of age - 0, 5 scoops two times daily.
Children from 12 years and adults the first few days of treatment prescribed 1 tablet ambrogeksal 3 times a day, after which the multiplicity of application should be reduced to 2 times a day. Single dose for children 6-12 years of age is 1/2 pills.
Capsules taken after meals in the morning or evening. The daily dosage for adults and children over 12 years old - 1 capsule.
Ambrogeksal as a solution for oral and inhalation usually administered three times a day by 4 mL (30 mg). After improving the multiplicity is decreased to 2 times per day. For children of 5-12 years old, the maximum daily dose of medicament in the dosage form is 45 mg, divided into several times, for children 2-5 years - 15 mg. The solution was taken after meals, adding it in tea, fruit juice, milk or water.
Inhalation solution ambrogeksal show up to 2 times a day. A single dose for all age groups - 2-3 ml.
The duration of treatment is determined by physician individually depending on the indication and the severity of the disease. Supervision of a physician is required when receiving means 4-5 days longer.
Ambrogeksal can cause:
- Contact allergic dermatitis;
- Skin rash;
- Dry mouth;
When using ambrogeksal in high doses can also be felt nausea, appear diarrhea, vomiting, dyspepsia. For the treatment cause vomiting, stomach washed, use fat-containing products.
It requires careful use of ambrogeksal the weakening of cough reflex or disorders of mucociliary transport, since there is a risk accumulation of phlegm.
Against the background of severe liver or kidney shows the use of lower concentrations ambrogeksal or increase the interval between doses of medication.
Use of the drug before going to bed is not recommended.
Against the background of asthma ambrogeksal may contribute to cough.
During therapy with performance of breathing exercises is not recommended. Against the backdrop of severe illness is necessary to perform aspiration of liquefied sputum.
Ambrogeksal analogues are the following drugs:
- According to the active substance - Ambrobene, flavamed, Ambroxol, Haliksol, Bronhoksol, Bronhorus, Ambrolor, Neo-bronchodilator, Mucosolvan, Maddox, Lazongin, Remebroks;
- According to the mechanism of action - Kashnol, Dzhoset, Fluifort, Bromhexine, Ascoril, Atsestin, ACC, acetylcysteine, Bronhobos, Flyuditek, Erdomed, Bronhotil, Mukoneks, Sinupret, Solvin, Pulmozyme, Fluimucil, Bronhostop.
Terms and conditions of storage
Ambrogeksal all dosage forms released from pharmacies without a prescription. Shelf life is 5 years tablets, capsules and syrup - 3 years, a solution for inhalation and ingestion - 4 years. Store in a dry, dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.