Ambrobene - mucolytic agent that has secretolytic, sekretomotornym and expectorant action.
Release form and composition
Ambrobene produced in the following forms:
- Solution for injection;
- The solution for inhalation and ingestion;
As a part of all forms of active component of the drug is ambroxol hydrochloride.
Ambrobene capsules contain the following excipients:
- MCC and sodium carboxymethylcellulose;
- Colloidal silica, precipitated;
- Iron oxide (black, yellow, red);
- Titanium Dioxide.
The capsules are available in blister packs. In a blister pack - 10 pieces. The package contains one or two blisters.
Auxiliary components tablets Ambrobene protrude silicon dioxide highly, corn starch, lactose and magnesium stearate. In one carton 2 blisters of 10 tablets.
Injection solution as Ambrobene excipients comprises:
- Monohydrogenphosphate disodium heptahydrate;
- Citric acid monohydrate;
- Water for injection;
- sodium chloride.
Ambrobene solution for injection is available in ampoules of 2 ml in cellular packaging. One package contains 5 pieces.
Ambrobene solution for inhalation and ingestion, besides the active ingredient comprises purified water, potassium sorbate, and hydrochloric acid. It is sold in vials-droppers of dark glass of 40 or 100 ml. These included measuring cup.
Ambrobene syrup contains liquid sorbitol, raspberry flavor, purified water, propylene glycol, and saccharin. It is sold in bottles of dark glass of 100 ml. They also supplied measuring cup.
According to the instructions, Ambrobene appointed the following diseases:
- Chronic and acute bronchitis;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, including bronchial asthma with difficult expectoration;
According to the instructions, Ambrobene can be used as part of combination therapy for respiratory distress syndrome in newborns and premature babies to stimulate the synthesis of surfactant.
Guide to the drug warns that Ambrobene use should be avoided in the following cases:
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- The period of breast-feeding;
- The first trimester of pregnancy.
Be wary appointed Ambrobene at:
- Severe liver disease;
- Impairment of renal function;
- Large amount of allocated secret;
- Dysmotility bronchi.
Dosage and Administration
Dosing Ambrobene depends on the form of the issue:
- The capsule (1 capsule - 75 mg ambroxol hydrochloride). Assign children older than 12 years and adults in a dose corresponding to 1 capsule per day;
- The tablets (1 tablet - 30 mg ambroxol hydrochloride). For adults, the use of the following scheme: 1 tablet 3 times a day (first 2-3 days), then the multiplicity of methods is reduced to 2 times a day, or a single dose is reduced to half a tablet while maintaining 3 receptions;
- Solution for injection Ambrobene (1 vial - 15 mg of ambroxol hydrochloride). Adults with a multiplicity of 2-3 hours is usually prescribed 1 ampoule, but in severe cases may increase in a single dose. The daily dose for children is considered as follows: 1, 2-1, 6 mg of ambroxol chloride multiplied by the child's weight in kg. The instructions listed Ambrobene following dose: 1/2 ampoule children up to 2 years (2 times a day) and children 2 to 5 years (3 times a day) and children 5-12 years appoint 1 vial, at a multiplicity of application 2-3 times per day. In the treatment of the syndrome of neonatal asphyxia and premature Ambrobene administered in 3-4 hours, and the daily dose is calculated by multiplying 10 mg of ambroxol hydrochloride on the child's weight in kilograms. In severe cases, with care daily dose may be increased to three times;
- Ambrobene solution for inhalation and ingestion (1 ml containing 7. 5 mg ambroxol hydrochloride). The first 2-3 days of adult drug prescribed to 4 ml, and the multiplicity of techniques - 3 times, then the multiplicity is reduced to two times while maintaining a single dose, or the dose is reduced to 2 ml, but taken three times a day. Children under 2 years of a single dose of 1 ml should be given two times a day; increase the number of receptions of up to 3 times with preservation of a single dose is necessary for children 2-5 years old; 2-3 times a day is assigned a single dose (2 ml) for children 5-12 years old;
- Ambrobene syrup (5 ml - 15 mg ambroxol hydrochloride). For ease of use to the drug supplied measuring cup, one division of which corresponds to 1 ml of syrup. For adults, a single dose of 10 mL were taken during the first 2-3 days in 3 doses, followed by a decrease to 2 times. Also, after 2-3 days of treatment may reduce the dose to 5 ml retaining triple reception. Children under 2 years of drug is given in a volume of 2 ml, 2 times 5 to laziness, children 2-5 years old, the same dose is assigned three times a day for children 5-12 years Syrup give 5 ml of 2 or 3 times a day.
After applying Ambrobene into drug takes effect within half an hour, the effect is maintained for 6-12 hours.
Ambrobene excreted in breast milk, penetrates the blood-brain and placental barriers.
According to the instructions, Ambrobene may cause the following adverse reactions of the body:
- Skin rash;
- Very rarely - allergic contact dermatitis, anaphylactic shock;
- Dry mouth;
- Runny nose;
Prolonged use Ambrobene can cause nausea, vomiting, gastralgia. The rapid introduction of the drug may cause adinamii, feelings of numbness, lower blood pressure, intense headache, pyrexia, chills and shortness of breath.
In case of overdose may be diarrhea, vomiting, indigestion, which are removed by washing the stomach or vomiting, can also help receiving fat-containing products.
It is not recommended to combine the product with antitussive drugs that impede the removal of phlegm.
In rare cases the use of Ambrobene can cause skin reactions to severe (Lyell's syndrome and Stevens-Johnson syndrome). When observed after administration of the drug changes the mucous membranes or skin should stop taking the drug immediately and seek medical advice.
Ambrobene analogues are the following drugs: Ambrolan; Bronhoksol; Ambrosan; Deflegmin; Bronhorus; Remebroks; Haliksol; Flavamed.
Terms and conditions of storage
Ambrobene should be stored in a dry, dark place, away from children at a temperature no higher than 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 4 years.