Allopurinol - protivopodagricakih drug helps to reduce uric acid concentrations.
Release form and composition
Allopurinol dosage is available in tablets of 100 and 300 mg.
The drug is prescribed for diseases that tend to the high content of uric acid (hyperuricemia)
- The stones in the urinary tract and kidneys.
Indications for use Allopurinol is a primary and secondary hyperuricemia, which develops at:
- Sharing violation purine and pyrimidine;
- Acute leukemia;
- Chronic myeloid leukemia;
- Syndrome Lesch-Nihena;
- Major trauma;
- Adverse reactions in the treatment of glucocorticoid and their synthetic analogs;
- Cancer chemotherapy.
According to the instructions, Allopurinol has the following contraindications:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Renal and hepatic failure;
- Pregnancy and lactation.
The drug is not prescribed to children under 15 years, except in cases of cytostatic therapy of malignant tumors and enzymatic treatment of severe violations.
Dosage and Administration
In accordance with the instructions, Allopurinol should be taken by mouth after eating. The dosage is determined individually and averages 100-900 mg per day for adults and 100-400 mg or 10-20 mg / kg per day for the children, depending on the severity of the disease and the general state of the patient. The daily rate of the drug should be divided into 2-4 reception.
According to the instructions, in some cases Allopurinol can cause the following side effects:
- From the digestive system: diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, increased activity of serum transaminases, hepatitis, stomatitis;
- Since the cardiovascular system: bradycardia, hypertension;
- On the part of the central and peripheral nervous system: headache, weakness, dizziness, sleepiness, convulsions, depression, neuropathy, blurred vision, cataract;
- With the genitourinary system: interstitial nephritis, hematuria, edema, uremia;
- From the side of hematopoiesis: thrombocytopenia, aplastic anemia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia;
- From endocrine system: impotence, infertility, diabetes, gynecomastia;
- Allergic symptoms: rash, itching, redness of the skin, arthralgia, fever, eosinophilia, Lyell's syndrome, Stevens-Johnson syndrome;
- Dermatological reactions: alopecia, abrasions, discoloration of hair.
With extreme caution should be used drug for people with impaired kidney and liver function and hyperthyroidism.
In the period of treatment is recommended to drink at least 2 liters of fluid per day.
The use of allopurinol requires increased caution in the management of transport and complex mechanisms.
During the course of treatment is necessary to eliminate the use of alcohol.
Analogues drug currently exists.
Conditions and terms
Allopurinol should be stored protected from exposure to sunlight place at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.
Shelf life is 3 years from the date of manufacture.