Akkupro - a hypotensive drug for the treatment of hypertension and congestive heart failure.
Release form and composition
Akkupro produced in the form of tablets containing different amounts of the active ingredient - quinapril hydrochloride with the appropriate markings on both sides:
- 5 mg - white, oval biconvex tablets of 10 pieces in the package;
- 10 mg - white triangular biconvex tablets, 10 pieces in a package;
- 20 mg - White round biconvex tablets, 10 pieces in a package;
- 40 mg - red-brown oval biconvex tablet, 6 pieces per pack.
Excipients - gelatin, magnesium carbonate, crospovidone, lactose and magnesium stearate.
According to the instructions Akkupro used for:
- Hypertension alone or in conjunction with thiazide diuretics and beta-blockers;
- Chronic heart failure, along with diuretics and cardiac glycosides.
Akkupro hypotensive effect. The drug is effective in hypertension of mild to moderate severity. It reduces blood pressure in the sitting position and standing. It takes effect within one hour after administration, with minimal impact on heart rate.
Application Akkupro contraindicated in:
- Angioedema in history that is associated with treatment with ACE inhibitors;
- Hypersensitivity to any component.
The drug is not recommended for use under the age of 18 years.
Precautions Akkupro prescribed for:
- The liver and kidneys;
- Suppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- Severe autoimmune systemic connective tissue diseases;
- Severe heart failure;
- Reducing the volume of circulating blood in vomit or diarrhea;
- Combined therapy of potassium-sparing diuretics;
- Major surgery and general anesthesia;
- Cerebrovascular diseases;
- Aortic stenosis;
- Bilateral renal artery stenosis or artery only kidneys.
Dosage and Administration
When treating arterial hypertension simultaneously with diuretics initial dose Akkupro on instructions of 5 mg per day. When receiving monotherapy can start with 10 or 20 mg. Depending on tolerability and therapeutic effect of the dose can be gradually increased until the optimal, not exceeding 80 mg per day.
In the treatment of chronic heart failure Akkupro used in conjunction with diuretics and cardiac glycosides. The initial dose is generally up to 5 mg twice a day. It is not recommended to change the dose more frequently than once a month.
If the kidney function is prescribed 5 mg per day; elderly people, treatment can begin with 10 mg.
Akkupro can cause headache, cough, dizziness, rhinitis, fatigue, vomiting, nausea and myalgia. Such side effects are usually mild and eventually disappear on their own.
Very rarely provokes the drug:
- Postural hypotension;
- Hemolytic anemia;
- Increased sweating;
- Anaphylactic reactions;
- Dry mouth or throat;
- Itching and rash;
- Impaired vision;
- Urinary tract infections.
With an overdose of a drug with symptoms characteristic of lowering blood pressure.
When using Akkupro during pregnancy, complications may occur, including intrauterine growth retardation. Consequently, the appointment of hinoprila not recommended for pregnant women, especially in the second and third trimesters.
The active substance is excreted in breast milk, so treatment during lactation should be carried out only under strict indications.
Quinapril tablets contained Kvinafar.
Analogues Akkupro mechanism of action are:
- Enalapril and a number of other medicines.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures not above 25 ° C. Keep away from children.
Shelf life - 3 years.