Agapurin - a drug that improves blood circulation, rendering angioprotective and vasodilator effect. The drug can reduce the aggregation of red blood cells and platelets, and stimulate fibrinolysis lead to a decrease in blood fibrinogen.
Release form and composition
Agapurin for group membership related to vasodilatory agents. International name - Pentoxifylline (Pentoxifylline).
The drug is available in tablet form and a concentrate for solution for injection.
Biconvex tablets covered with a white shell with a glossy sheen, contain 100 mg of pentoxifylline and auxiliaries:
- Lactose monohydrate;
- corn starch;
- Silica colloidal anhydrous;
- Magnesium stearate.
The shell consists of carmellose sodium, crystalline sucrose, powdered sucrose, talc, methylparaben, titanium dioxide, silica colloidal anhydrous and acacia.
Agapurin Retard tablets is a sustained release film-coated containing 400 mg or 600 mg of pentoxifylline and auxiliary substances:
- Valium 2200/15000;
- Povidone 40;
- Magnesium stearate.
The composition of a clear, colorless solution for infusion include 100 mg per 1 vial pentoxifylline and sodium chloride and water for injection.
The instructions to agapurin among the conditions for which it is advisable to use this product, specify the following:
- Violation of peripheral blood circulation against the background of atherosclerosis, diabetes and inflammatory processes;
- The deterioration of blood flow in the brain postapopleksicheskih and ischemic conditions;
- Violations of trophic tissue due to varicose veins, frostbite, gangrene, venous leg ulcers, post-thrombotic syndrome;
- Cerebral atherosclerosis;
- Raynaud's disease;
- Viral neuroinfection;
- Poor circulation in the choroid and retina of the eye;
- cardiac ischemia;
- Condition after myocardial infarction;
- Impotence of vascular origin;
- bronchial asthma;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Application agapurin contraindicated in the following diseases and conditions:
- The tendency to bleeding, bleeding in the retina, massive bleeding;
- Severe arrhythmias;
- Acute hemorrhagic stroke, myocardial infarction;
- Severe atherosclerosis of the coronary or cerebral vessels.
Children's age, pregnancy and lactation, individual sensitivity to pentoxifylline and other methylxanthine derivatives are also contra-indicated in the instructions to agapurin.
Dosage and Administration
Agapurin should be taken in the same time of the day after eating, drinking plenty of water. Do not chew.
The starting dose is 200 mg three times a day. If long-term therapy to be observed or bad tolerability, then a single dose reduced to 100 mg, while maintaining the number of receptions. The daily dose should not exceed 1200 mg.
Dosing agapurin in the form of tablets with prolonged effect is the same as the film-coated tablets; a reduction in the multiplicity of possible ingestion.
Agapurin as a solution for injection can be administered in the following ways:
- Intramuscularly. Typically, 100 mg is administered 1-2 times a day, the contents of the ampoule is insoluble;
- Intravenous. According to the instructions agapurin, contents of the vial should be diluted in 250-500 ml of 0, 9% sodium chloride solution or 5% glucose solution. The drug should be administered slowly, not more than 150 ml per hour. With good tolerability daily dose is increased to two vials (200 mg);
- Intraarterially. Therapy begins with the introduction of the contents of one vial, dissolved in 20-50 ml of isotonic sodium chloride for 10 minutes. Prolonged treatment may increase the dose to 2-3 ampoules diluted in 30-50 ml of solution.
The optimal dose agapurin determined by the physician individually for each patient.
Agapurin can cause negative effects by:
- Nervous system - sleep disturbance, anxiety, seizures, dizziness, headaches;
- Digestive System - intestinal, cholestatic hepatitis, cholecystitis exacerbation, decreased appetite, dry mouth;
- The blood vessels and skin - swelling, facial flushing, flushing and upper chest, brittle nails;
- Cardiovascular - kardialgiya, arrhythmia, tachycardia, lowering blood pressure, angina progression;
- Senses - scotoma, blurred vision;
- Hemostatic system and of the blood - leukopenia, gipofibrinogenemia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, bleeding from the stomach, intestine, mucous membranes, subcutaneous capillaries;
- Allergic reaction - hives, itching, anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Overdose symptoms agapurin:
- Lowering blood pressure;
- loss of consciousness;
- Tonic-clonic seizures.
Elderly may require dose reduction.
Smoking reduces the therapeutic efficacy agapurin.
Pentoxifylline is a member of several drugs:
- Flower pots;
Analogues agapurin mechanism of action are:
- Ksantinola nicotinate;
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry, dark place at a temperature no higher than 25 ° C. Keep away from children.
Shelf life is dependent on the form of the issue and the amount of active substance - from 3 to 5 years.