Adepress - antidepressant drug action, for the treatment of emotional disorders.
Release form and composition
Adepress produced in the form of tablets, film-coated.
The main active component of the drug is paroxetine, in its content per tablet is 20 mg. Furthermore, Adepress added: calcium hydrogen phosphate, magnesium stearate, Primogel, corn starch.
The shell consists of medication Opadry 2, titanium dioxide, macrogol, lactose monohydrate.
As a testimony to the instructions Adepressu contain the following conditions:
- All types of depression, including reactive, endogenous heavy, disturbing;
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (compulsive thoughts and actions);
- Panic disorder, agoraphobia (fear of open spaces);
- Socio-anxiety disorder;
- Generalized anxiety disorder (general steady alarm);
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
As stated in the instructions to Adepressu, during pregnancy and breastfeeding can not take the drug.
Dosage and Administration
The drug should be taken 1 time / day in the morning during meals. Tablet not chewed and washed down with plenty of water.
Please note that Adepress without a prescription can not be used. The dosage of the medication the doctor selects individually empirically for 1-2 weeks.
The recommended dosage of the drug, depending on the disease and its following step:
- Depression. The average dose - 20 mg per day (one tablet), if necessary gradually increased, once a week by adding 10 mg. The daily dose should not exceed 50 mg / day;
- Obsessive compulsive disorder. The initial therapeutic dose is 20 mg / day. The dose is increased by 10 mg weekly until a therapeutic response. Recommended number Adepressa is 40 to 60 mg per day;
- Panic disorder. Starting dose - 10 mg / day. Increasing the dosage recommended on 10 mg. Average therapeutic dose - 40 mg / day. Maximum - not more than 60 mg / day;
- Social and anxiety disorders. The initial dose is 20 mg / day. If there is no effect for two weeks, it can be increased to 50 mg / day. The dose should be increased to 10 mg at intervals of no less than one week, depending on the clinical effect;
- Post traumatic stress disorder. The initial dose is 20 mg / day. In individual cases, we recommend increasing the dose to 50 mg / day. The dose should be increased to 10 mg every week, depending on the clinical effect;
- Generalized anxiety disorder. Starting and therapeutic dose is 20 mg / day.
Administered to patients with renal or hepatic impairment dose should not exceed 20 mg / bitch.
The instructions to Adepressu drawn attention to the fact that the number of elderly patients receiving paroxetine per day should not exceed 40 mg.
In order to prevent recurrence of the disease, it is necessary to carry out preventive therapy. After the disappearance of the bright signs, the course should last at least 4-6 months, while more complex diseases (such as panic disorder) Adepressa term use increases.
It must be borne in mind that the abrupt withdrawal of the drug can lead to deterioration and relapse, so Adepressa discontinuation should be gradual.
Application Adepressa can cause drowsiness or, conversely - insomnia, as well as to bouts of dizziness, anxiety. Rarely, the drug results in hallucinations, seizures, mania, even less possible panic disorder. According to reviews, the antidepressant causes similar reactions in rare cases.
In the course of taking the drug may experience musculoskeletal disorders, urinary system, reproductive system disorder, gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular system, as well as visual impairment.
The most common use of Adepressa causes such side effects as a temporary upset stomach and allergic reactions (usually in the form of various types of skin rash) and increased sweating.
Overdose Adepressa can manifest itself in the form of nausea, dilated pupils, fever, blood pressure changes, tachycardia, headache, involuntary muscle contractions, agitation, anxiety.
At simultaneous reception with other psychotropic drugs, and / or ethanol (alcohol), ECG changes are possible, deterioration of general condition until Tuesday. The combination of this drug with certain other drugs can lead to a number of disorders of blood, such as increased bleeding, changes in plasma composition, etc., so it must be taken only on prescription.
For drugs whose mechanism of action similar to the action Adepressa include:
- Sedopram et al.
Terms and conditions of storage
As stated in the instructions to Adepressu, the drug is stored in a dry place inaccessible to children at temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Shelf life - 2 years.