Abaktal (Abactal) is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. With respect to Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms intracellular pathogens Abaktal has a bactericidal effect.
Release form and composition
The drug is released in the form of coated tablets for oral administration and liquids for infusions.
Tablets from white to yellowish oval biconcave form containing 558 mg of 5 pefloxacin mesilate dihydrate corresponding to 400 mg pefloxacin.
Furthermore, each tablet contains as excipients:
- Lactose monohydrate - 79.5 mg;
- Corn starch - 32 mg;
- Povidone - 32 mg;
- Sodium carboxymethyl starch - 32 mg;
- Talca - 27 mg;
- Colloidal anhydrous silica - 2 mg;
- Magnesium stearate - 7 mg.
The casing comprises:
- Valium - 13,166 mg;
- Titanium dioxide - 2.09 mg;
- Talca - 854 g;
- Macrogol 400 - 1.79 mg;
- Carnauba wax - 100 g.
Packaged pills Abaktal 10 pieces in blisters, which are packed in individual cardboard boxes.
Concentrate for preparation of solutions for intravenous administration, from yellow to light yellow, transparent. One vial - 400 mg pefloxacin, 1 ml - 80 mg.
As auxiliary substances solution comprises:
- Ascorbic acid;
- Disodium edetate;
- Sodium bicarbonate;
- Sodium metabisulfite;
- Benzyl alcohol;
- The water is distilled.
Packaging of 10 vials, 5 ml, in plastic trays, one tray in a cardboard package.
Application Abaktala advisable in the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases, which are caused by susceptible bacteria to the action of pefloxacin.
- Infectious diseases of upper respiratory tract upper and lower respiratory tract infections (bacterial pneumonia, chronic and recurrent bronchitis, bronchopulmonary infections, cystic fibrosis);
- Otitis media, sinusitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis; infectious diseases of urogenital organs: urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, vaginitis, prostatitis, tubular abscess, endometritis;
- Gonorrhea and chlamydia;
- Cholera, salmonellosis, typhoid fever, shigellosis, cholecystitis, gallbladder empyema; osteomyelitis and arthritis;
- Infected burns, ulcers, abscesses, wound;
- Prevention and treatment of nosocomial infections;
- Complications after gynecological and surgical interventions;
- Intra-abdominal abscesses, endocarditis, peritonitis, and bacterial meningitis;
- Immunosuppression, in the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
According to the instructions to Abaktalu it is used in combination with other antimicrobial agents, or as a monotherapy.
After oral administration Abaktal absorbed in the gastro-intestinal tract. The maximum level in the blood observed after 1, 5 hours. The degree of connection with plasma proteins does not exceed 30% of the dose. The drug is metabolized in the liver, it appears mainly in the urine and bile in part in the form of metabolites and intact. After a single dose Abaktala half-life of 8 hours, and after re - 13 hours. Determine the presence in urine of pefloxacin possible within 3 to 5 days after last use.
Most negative reviews Abaktale due to the fact that precautions have been violated in its application.
The drug is contraindicated in:
- Individuals with hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Pregnant and lactating women;
- Children up to 18 years.
Precautions Abaktal prescribed to people with organic lesions of the central nervous system, severe liver failure, liver and kidneys.
Dosage and Administration
Tablets Abaktal taken orally during or after meal with plenty of water. They do not need to grind or a divider. Application Abaktala will be more effective if the daily dose divided into two parts and use the drug at regular intervals.
According to the instructions to Abaktalu required dose is:
- In diseases, sexually transmitted infections, gynecological infections, and urinary tract infections - 400 mg 1 time per day;
- In gonorrhea - 800 mg 1 time per day;
- Other infectious nature of the disease suggest reception Abaktala 2 times a day 400 mg.
If abnormal liver function Abaktala recommended as a solution for infusion, which prior to throw the contents of one ampoule in 250 ml of 5% glucose. The resulting product must be administered slowly drop by. To Abaktala therapeutic concentrations were achieved faster in the first permissible administering a dose of 800 mg. The maximum daily dose is 1, 2 Years
The surgery for the prevention of infectious complications introduction Abaktala carried out for 1 hour before surgery at a dose of 400-800 mg. Frequency drip infusion for patients with jaundice is 1 every 24 hours, with ascites - 1 every 36 hours, with jaundice and ascites - no more than 1 time in 48 hours. Elderly patients, particularly with impaired renal function should take a reduced dose, as indicated in the instructions to the Abaktalu.
Negative reaction to the medication is possible from:
- Digestive system (diarrhea, vomiting, loss of appetite, change in taste, indigestion, rarely - pseudomembranous colitis);
- CNS (dizziness, anxiety, headache, depression, blurred vision, insomnia, hallucinations, tremors, confusion, rarely - seizures);
- Urinary System (crystalluria, rarely - interstitial nephritis, haematuria);
- Musculoskeletal system (arthralgia, tendonitis, myalgia);
It is also possible occurrence of phlebitis, skin rash, skin redness, itching.
In applying Abaktala should consider that:
- Use the drug for intravenous possible only in a hospital under the supervision of medical staff;
- UV radiation should be avoided during treatment and for at least 6 days after the end of therapy;
- Discontinue use Abaktala at any allergies, the reaction of the CNS, suspected tendinitis;
- It is important to caution taking the drug after the age of 60 years;
- Analysis to determine glucose in urine during drug therapy should be done by enzymatic methods;
- Beta-lactam antibiotics, vancomycin, metronidazole, rifampin and acceptable to use in combination with Abaktalom;
- At the same time appoint pefloxacin with isoniazid should be cautious;
- When classes that require attention, potentially hazardous work, driving a car, taking Abaktal, it is important to be careful.
Preparations counterparts Abaktala of active substances: Peloks, pefloxacin, Peflotsin, Yunikpef and others.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life is 3 years Abaktala. Store this medication out of the reach of children, protected from direct sunlight, the temperature in the room at the same time should not exceed 25 ° C.