Yellow card - a drug with a local irritant, analgesic and anti-inflammatory action, effective for the treatment of cough, sprains and bruises.
The therapeutic effect of mustard plasters called reflex reactions that occur during stimulation at the site of the drug.
Mustard are of two types:
- Thick sheets of paper the size of 8h12, 5 cm covered with a thin layer of mustard mixture of cake with mustard seeds. The package - 10 yellow cards;
- The paper bags of 3 g of mustard mixture divided into 4 cells sutures. 2, 5, 10, 15 or 20 Gorchichnik- packages in the package.
Indications for use mustard plasters
The most common Mustard coughing. They have proven to be very effective and inexpensive way.
They are excellent help and protracted, and dry cough. One of the warnings can serve increased (more than 37.3 ° C) temperatures.
The best time to apply the mustard plaster is considered the final stage of the disease, a day after the normalization of temperature.
Mustard is also used as an anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent for:
- Contusion of the soft tissues;
Mustard is contraindicated in acute states of respiratory diseases, asthma, hypersensitivity to the drug and tumor diseases.
Also, it should not be applied on the skin in areas affected by neurodermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, or weeping.
How to use mustard plasters
Application mustard plaster exterior. For this mustard package with uniformly distributed powder is dipped in warm (37 ° C) water for thirty seconds and then placed on the skin. You can cover the top with plastic wrap or a warm blanket to enhance the effect. Mustard is not removed until the counter redness, usually 5 to 10 minutes. After removing the skin portion was washed with water.
An important condition for the effective treatment of a mustard plaster overlay correctly selected location:
- Bronchitis, pleurisy, colds and pneumonia - on your back (from 5 to 8 pieces). Avoid the area of the heart;
- When starting a cold - to the soles;
- Migraine (hypertension) - on the nape area;
- Neuralgia, myositis, sprains - directly on the sore spot;
- Angina - chest in the heart area.
Babies Mustard put very carefully, so as not to cause skin burns. They impose on the gauze folded in half, pre-soaked in warm water. The average time of the procedure - 10 minutes, but if the child complains of severe burning, the time can be shortened to 5-7 minutes. Mustard is best to place the children in the evening to have a child before going to sleep was a time extending to cough up the mucus.
Before applying mustard plasters during pregnancy should consult a doctor, independent use mustard plasters during pregnancy is not recommended.
Buy drug can be without a prescription. Shelf life - 1 to 2 years depending on the manufacturer.