Betalok - antianginal, antiarrhythmic, hypotensive agent.
Structure and Composition
- Solution for / 1 ml - clear liquid without color. The active ingredient - metoprolol tartrate d / in. - 1 mg. Supporting components: water d / in. - To 1 ml of sodium chloride d / in. - 9mg;
- Betaloc tablets - round shape, lenticular, white. The active ingredient - metoprolol tartrate - 100 mg. Auxiliary components: magnesium stearate, povidone, anhydrous colloidal silica, sodium carboxymethyl starch, lactose monohydrate.
The solution for I / Betaloc for instructions prescribe:
- Tachycardia, myocardial ischemia (treatment and prevention);
- When the pain in myocardial infarction, or if you suspect it;
- If supraventricular tachycardia.
Betaloc tablets prescribed:
- When angina;
- In therapy in combination with other drugs after myocardial infarction;
- As a preventive measure during migraine attacks;
- In the complex treatment of hyperthyroidism;
- In hypertension, lowering blood pressure;
- In order to reduce the risk of coronary and cardiovascular death (including sudden death);
- When a functional abnormality of the heart, include tachycardia.
Instructions Betaloc: Dosage and Administration
Application Betaloc solution for I / O:
- With the purpose of treatment and prevention of myocardial ischemia, myocardial pain and tachycardia intravenous Betaloc on instructions at a dose of 5 mg. If necessary, after 2 minutes, repeat the introduction. The maximum daily dose is 15 mg. 15 minutes after administration of the solution administered pills Betaloc a dose of 50 mg every 6 hours for 48 hours;
- If supraventricular tachycardia solution application Betaloc begin with a dosage of 5 mg at a rate of 1-2 mg per minute. If necessary, after 5 minutes of introduction of the solution may be repeated. The maximum total dose is 10-15 mg.
Betaloc tablets administered orally together with or without food.
- Angina Betaloc prescribed according to the instructions in the dosage of 100-200 mg per day. The drug is divided into two parts - morning and evening. If necessary, the drug administered in combination with other antianginal drugs;
- When hypertension once only taking the drug at a dosage of 100 or 200 mg. If necessary, the dosage instructions for Betaloc increase. Positive reviews betalok suggest that long-term antihypertensive therapy Betaloc tablets at a dosage of 100 to 200 mg per day reduces overall mortality and effect on reducing the incidence of cerebral strokes, and also reduces disturbances of coronary circulation in patients suffering from hypertension;
- When cardiac arrhythmia, as well as a prophylactic measure against migraine attacks, Betaloc prescribed according to the instructions at a dosage of 100 to 200 mg a knock in two - in the morning and evening. Perhaps the combination of the drug with other antiarrhythmic agents;
- As a maintenance therapy following myocardial infarction betalok daily dosage according to the instructions of 200 mg per day. Application betalok this dosage can reduce the number of deaths among patients with myocardial infarction and reduce the risk of recurrent myocardial infarction;
- In the case of functional disorders of heart rhythm, accompanied by tachycardia, prescribe the drug at a dose of 100 mg. The tablet taken in the morning;
- In hyperthyroidism daily dosage instructions on betalok is 150-200 mg in 3-4 hours.
For tablets and solution Betaloc / in:
- Patients with acute myocardial infarction, at a heart rate below 45 bpm, blood pressure to below 100 mm Hg or more PQ interval 0, 24;
- When sinus bradycardia, heart failure in the stage of decompensation, hypotension, AV block II and III degree, sick sinus syndrome, cardiogenic shock, when expressed violations of peripheral blood circulation;
- Hypersensitivity to metoprolol and auxiliary component of the product;
- When receiving beta adenoblokatorov;
- Age 18 years (there are no reviews betalok and its application);
- Severe peripheral vascular disease.
Contraindications Betaloc solution:
- In the case of treatment of supraventricular tachycardia in patients with blood pressure below 100 mm Hg.
Contraindications for further Betaloc tablets:
- In the case of long-term therapy inotropic agents acting on the beta-adrenergic receptors
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation should not use Betaloc. The exception is when the benefits of the drug the mother outweighs the damage to the child's health.
Positive reviews betalok indicate a good tolerability patients.
Side effects are predominantly mild and reversible.
Central nervous system: often fatigue, headaches and dizziness. Sometimes you may experience depression, nightmares, insomnia or excessive sleepiness, convulsions, paresthesia. Reviews betalok showed a possible rare occurrence of anxiety, impotence, increased nervous excitability.
Cardiovascular system: bradycardia, cold extremities, postural disorders, palpitations. Sometimes cardiogenic shock (in patients with acute myocardial infarction), there is increased symptoms of heart failure. Very rarely - gangrene (with severe peripheral circulatory disorders).
Respiratory system: possible dyspnea, bronchospasm (in patients with asthma), rhinitis.
Metabolic: reviews betalok showed a possible increase in body weight.
Skin and allergic reactions - urticaria, increased sweating. Sometimes there is an exacerbation of psoriasis, hair fall out.
On the part of the gastrointestinal tract are possible symptoms: nausea, diarrhea or constipation, abdominal pain.
Hemopoietic system: possible rare occurrence of thrombocytopenia.