Esmiya - sex hormone modulator and function of the reproductive system.
Structure and Composition
The drug Esmiya produced in the form of tablets. The active ingredient in each tablet is 5 mg of ulipristal acetate. Additional ingredients: mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, talc, croscarmellose sodium.
The blisters of 14 tablets.
Pharmacological action Esmii
According to the instructions Esmiya has antigestagens action.
Ulipristal ingestion becomes active synthetic selective progesterone receptor modulator, is partially tissue-specific antiprogesteronovy effect.
According to the instructions Esmiyu or equivalent Esmii appointed as a preoperative therapy and severe symptoms of uterine fibroids women of reproductive age over eighteen years. The duration of treatment or analogue Esmii should not exceed 3 months.
The drug Esmiya contraindicated in the following cases:
- Age younger than 18 years;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to ulipristalu or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Severe asthma is not amenable to correction by means of oral corticosteroids;
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown nature or for reasons unrelated to uterine cancer;
- Breast cancer, uterus, ovaries or cervix.
In the opinion of Esimyu should not take longer than three months, as there are no data on the safety of a long period.
Precautions should be prescribed the drug Esmiya bronchial asthma and liver or kidney failure.
Dosing and dosing regimen Esmii
According to the instructions Esmiyu taken orally, 1 tablet once a day, regardless of meals. Treatment is initiated in the first week of the menstrual cycle.
If the patient missed a pill, she should take the drug Esmiya as soon as possible. If a pill was missed by more than 12 hours, the drug is passed, then resumes normal tablet-taking.
Use of the drug Esmiya during pregnancy and breastfeeding
The preparation and analogues Esmii strictly contraindicated in pregnancy. Furthermore, ulipristal able to penetrate into breast milk, so there is a risk of harm to children through breastfeeding. Therefore Esmiya contraindicated in the lactation period.
In the opinion of Esmiya may cause the following side effects:
- Nervous system: dizziness, headache.
- Mental disorders: anxiety, emotional disorders.
- Gastrointestinal: constipation, dyspepsia, flatulence, abdominal pain, dry mouth, nausea.
- Mammary glands and genitals: hot flashes, endometrial thickening, amenorrhea, ovarian cyst, metrorrhagia, vaginal discharge, discomfort in the breast, breast tenderness.
- Other adverse reactions: vertigo, weight gain, nasal bleeding, incontinence, sweating, acne, back pain, muscle and bone, asthenia, fatigue, edema.
Progestins and hormonal contraceptives may reduce the effectiveness of Esmii, so you should not exercise their simultaneous reception. Combined use of potent inhibitors isoenzyme CYP3A4 (ritonavir, ketoconazole, nefazodone) increases the amount ulipristala plasma. A combined use of Esmii reviews with inductors isoenzyme CYP3A4 (carbamazepine, rifampin, St. John's wort preparations, phenytoin) reduces ulipristala concentration in blood plasma.
Cautions use Esmii
Esmiyu of instructions should be given to patients only after careful examination. Before you start taking the drug completely Esmiya recommended to exclude pregnancy.
Since the use of hormonal contraceptives during use Esmii not recommended for women it is desirable to use non-hormonal methods of contraception during treatment.
Esmiyu should be stored in a dark place for no longer than two years.