Alpha D3 Teva
Alpha D3 Teva - a drug that regulates the exchange of phosphorus and calcium in the body.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in capsule dosage 1, 0, 5 and 0, 25 mg. The main active component - alfacalcidol.
Excipients: propyl, peanut butter, anhydrous citric acid, anhydrous ethanol, tocopherol.
Composition Gelatin Capsules: glycerol, gelatin, red iron oxide (E172), titanium dioxide (E171), yellow iron oxide (E172) anidrisorb 85/70.
According to the instructions, Alpha D3 Teva is prescribed for:
- Osteodystrophy of kidney failure in a chronic form;
- Osteoporosis, including senile, post-menopausal, steroid;
- Hypoparathyroidism and pseudohypoparathyreosis;
- Psevdodefitsitnom (vitamin D-dependent) rickets and osteomalacia;
- Hypophosphatemic (vitamin D-resistant) rickets and osteomalacia;
- Renal acidosis;
- Fanconi syndrome (hereditary renal acidosis with nephrocalcinosis, hypophyseal syndrome and late rickets).
In accordance with the instructions, Alpha D3 Teva is contraindicated in:
- Hypervitaminosis D;
- Hyperphosphatemia (except hyperphosphatemia during hypoparathyroidism);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Be wary appoint Alpha D3 Teva in patients with heart failure and renal failure, atherosclerosis, nephrolithiasis, sarcoidosis, active tuberculosis of the lungs, as well as patients with a predisposition to hypercalcemia, in particular with urolithiasis.
The drug is prescribed during pregnancy only if potential benefit from the treatment of the mother outweighs the risk to the fetus. Hypercalcemia during pregnancy may cause fetal malformations.
Dosage and Administration
Adults and children over 3 years old with rickets and osteomalacia due to malnutrition, drug administered at a dose of 1-3 mg per day.
The daily dose for adults with hypoparathyroidism is 1-4 mg.
In hypophosphatemic rickets and osteomalacia drug administered in an initial dose 4 mg per day, which can be gradually increased to 20 mg per day. Children over 3 years of treatment starts with 1 mg per day.
In osteodystrophy with chronic renal failure in adult form prescribed Alpha D3 Teva to 0, 5-2 mg for children older than 3 years - 0, 5-1 mg per day.
In senile, steroid, post-menopausal osteoporosis drug administered in an amount of 0, 5-1 mg per day.
In renal acidosis, and Fanconi syndrome dosage for adults and children over 3 years is 2-6 mg per day.
Application of Alpha-D3 Teva begin with specified minimum dose once weekly monitoring levels of phosphorus and calcium in plasma. Permission is granted to increase the dosage of the drug to 0, 25-0, 5 mg per day up to the stabilization of biochemical parameters. Upon reaching the minimum effective dose is recommended to control phosphorus and calcium in the blood plasma at least once a month.
The duration of the course determines the physician individually depending on the disease and the effectiveness of therapy.
Application of Alpha D3 Teva may cause the following side effects:
- From the digestive system: abdominal pain, anorexia, vomiting, heartburn, dry mouth, nausea, constipation or diarrhea, discomfort in the epigastric. Rarely - slight increase in AST, ALT in blood plasma;
- From a metabolism: seldom - hypercalcemia, very rarely - a slight increase in plasma HDL, hyperphosphatemia;
- Since the cardiovascular system: tachycardia;
- On the part of the central nervous system: weakness, headache, fatigue, drowsiness and dizziness;
- Allergic reactions: itching and rash.
In accordance with the instructions, Alpha D3 Teva in case of an overdose may cause the following effects:
- Early symptoms of hypervitaminosis D: constipation or diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, dry mouth, headache, metallic taste in the mouth, fatigue, polydipsia, polyuria, hypercalciuria, pollakiuria / nocturia, myalgia, weakness, bone pain;
- Late symptoms of hypervitaminosis D: drowsiness, confusion, dizziness, high blood pressure, heart rhythm disturbances, clouding of urine, nephrolithiasis, conjunctival hyperemia, pancreatitis, weight loss, gastralgia, photophobia;
- Chronic symptoms of hypervitaminosis D: calcification of blood vessels, soft tissue, lung and kidney, cardiovascular and renal failure which can be fatal.
If you experience these symptoms should stop taking the drug. To avoid an overdose of a drug, you should during the course of treatment to conduct regular inspections of the heart and kidneys, as well as monitor the blood levels of electrolytes.
In the treatment of osteoporosis can assign Alpha D3 Teva together with drugs that reduce bone resorption and estrogens.
Simultaneous administration of alfacalcidol with cardiac glycosides can cause cardiac arrhythmia.
When combined the drug with mineral oil, colestipol, colestyramine, antacids, sucralfate and other drugs on the basis of albumin decreases its absorbability.
Concomitant use of thiazide diuretics, calcium, vitamin D increases the risk of hypercalcemia.
Alpha D3 Teva can cause dizziness and drowsiness, so at the time of treatment should observe extreme caution in the management of transport and dealing with complex mechanisms.
Structural Alpha D3 analogues include Teva pharmaceuticals and Etalfa Alfadol.
Conditions and terms
The drug should be protected from exposure to sunlight place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years from date of manufacture.