Mikomaks - synthetic antifungal drug used to treat candidiasis, cryptococcosis, and some other diseases.
The active substance mikomaks has antifungal activity against:
- Coccidioides immitis;
- Trichophyton spp .;
- Histoplasma capsulatum;
- Cryptococcus neoformans;
- Candida spp .;
- Micosporum spp;
- Blastomyces dermatitidis.
According to the instructions mikomaks not recommended for use in the treatment of zygomycosis and aspergillosis.
Mikomaks available in different dosage forms:
- The clear colorless solution for infusion in vials po100 ml. 1 ml of a solution containing 2 mg of active substance - fluconazole;
- White opaque capsules containing the active substance in the form of a white powder. The capsules contain 50 mg (marking «MYCO 50"), 100 mg (marking «MYCO 100") and 150 mg (marking «MYCO 150" - mikomaks 150) of fluconazole. Excipients - pregelatinized starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide, and sodium lauryl sulfate. The blister capsule 7 and MycoMAX 150 - 1, or 3 capsules;
- Colorless transparent syrup in bottles of 100 ml. 1 ml of syrup contains 5 mg of active substance.
Mikomaks according to the instructions is used for treating and preventing diseases caused by fungi sensitive to the active substance - Fluconazole:
- Cryptococcosis - cryptococcal infections of the lungs and skin, cryptococcal meningitis, prevention of relapse of cryptococcosis in patients with AIDS and with organ transplants, or in other cases of immunodeficiency;
- Acute or chronic relapsing form of vaginal candidiasis;
- Candidiasis of the mucous membranes - the throat, mouth, esophagus, and non-invasive bronchopulmonary candidiasis;
- Generalized candidiasis - candidemia, disseminated candidiasis and other forms of invasive Candida infections, including infections of the respiratory and urinary tract, abdomen, eyes and endocardial.
In the opinion of mikomaks often used with reduced immunity caused by the treatment of malignant neoplasms for preventing fungal infections.
Mikomaks contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to fluconazole or other components of the drug, and also at the same time taking with terfenadine, astemizole, and cisapride.
Pregnancy is a contraindication for use mikomaks, except in cases of severe potentially life-threatening fungal infections. For the period of the drug is recommended to stop breast-feeding.
Mikomaks used with caution in:
- The rash appears during the application mikomaks the treatment of superficial fungal infections;
- Hepatic Insufficiency;
- Potentially proaritmogennoe conditions, including electrolyte imbalance, organic heart disease, and concomitant use of drugs that cause arrhythmias.
Instructions for use mikomaks
As a solution for injection is used MycoMAX slowly intravenously.
When translated from intravenous to oral dose adjustment is required.
The capsules according to the instructions mikomaks take adults and children over 3 years old, during a meal.
Syrup mikomaks before swallowing it is recommended to hold in the mouth for 2 minutes.
Dosage and duration of mikomaks depends on the disease:
- Cryptococcal infection in the first day of treatment take 400mg once MycoMAX, further - once daily 200-400 mg. Generally, treatment is performed to two months depending on the efficacy of treatment;
- Long mikomaks used for the prevention of relapse of cryptococcal meningitis after completion of primary therapy in patients with AIDS, at least 200 mg per day;
- When invasive Candida infections in the first day of treatment is administered 400 mg mikomaks, further - 200 mg. Typically, the duration of treatment is determined individually by the physician according to the clinical effectiveness;
- When malignancies for the prevention of fungal infections mikomaks daily dose is 50 mg;
- Candidiasis of the oral cavity and pharynx drug administered once daily in capsules - 50-100 mg, or 10-20 ml of syrup. Duration of treatment - from one to two weeks. When lowered immunity, treatment may be longer;
- In atrophic oral candidiasis, caused by wearing dentures MycoMAX taking 50 mg for two weeks, once a day, while local application of antiseptic agents for the treatment of the prosthesis;
- When vaginal candidiasis take 1 capsule mikomaks 150 once. To prevent recurrence rate of vaginal candidiasis mikomaks 150 can be taken once every month after menstruation. Treatment is usually carried out from four months to a year. Also, take one capsule once mikomaks 150 in the treatment of Candida balanitis.
In overdose mikomaks of instructions may be hallucinations and paranoid behavior. For the treatment of symptomatic therapy and forced diuresis.
In the opinion of mikomaks at therapeutic doses is well tolerated. In some cases, may develop undesired side effects:
- Headache or dizziness;
- Hypercholesterolemia, hypokalemia, hypertriglyceridemia, and convulsions;
- Alopecia and skin rash;
- Ventricular fibrillation and longer interval QT;
- Leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis;
- Renal insufficiency;
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome, anaphylactic reaction, and toxic epidermal necrolysis;
- Changes in taste, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, flatulence. Very rarely mikomaks Review causes liver failure, including hepatitis, jaundice, elevated levels of bilirubin in the blood, and hepatocellular necrosis or death.
During the combination therapy mikomaks with other drugs requires caution because of possible complications of the heart, as well as the development of unwanted side effects.
The drug prescription mikomaks shelf life - 3 years.