L-dopa - means protivoparkinsonicheskogo action.
The active ingredient of the drug is a precursor of dopamine - levodopa (DOPA laevorotatory isomer).
The pharmacological action of L-dopa
Providing antiparkinsonian effect of levodopa removes such acts as:
- increased salivation and drooling;
The effect of the drug L-Dopa is achieved by the fact that transformed levodopa into dopamine directly into the central nervous system of the body, thereby making up for a deficiency of this neurotransmitter in the CNS.
Levodopa is mostly converted to dopamine in peripheral tissues. The resulting dopamine is not involved in the provision of protivoparkinsonicheskogo effects on the body and is mainly responsible for the adverse reactions from taking levodopa. In connection with this cause levodopa accepted administered in combination with other drugs, inhibitors of the peripheral dopa decarboxylase. This makes it possible to reduce the dosage of levodopa and side effects from its administration.
Results receiving L-dopa can be observed in the patient after 6-8 days after initiation of treatment. The positive effect is on the rise, reaching a peak at 25-30 hours.
Indications for use of L-dopa
The drug L-dopa is effective for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and Parkinson's syndrome (except in cases where the syndrome is caused by antipsychotic drugs).
Contraindications to receive
L-dopa has a number of contraindications. Thus, the drug can not be assigned to a doctor in cases where there is at least one of the following factors:
- hypersensitivity to its components;
- lactation period;
- the patient is a child under the age of 12.
Also, L-dopa is not indicated if medical therapy includes MAO inhibitors.
According to the decision of the doctor and with caution allowed the reception of the drug at:
- kidney, liver, endocrine system, lungs;
- angle-closure glaucoma and a predisposition to it;
- type of chronic open-angle glaucoma;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- hepatic and / or renal failure;
- conditions where there is central nervous system depression;
- bronchial asthma and emphysema;
- stomach ulcer and diseases 12 tiperstnoj intestines;
- myocardial infarction (including history, including, in combination with any type of arrhythmia);
Instructions L-dopa: methods and especially the reception
The capsules of the drug is taken orally with meals, swallowing whole and squeezed a small amount of liquid.
L-dopa are beginning to take a minimum of a set dose and gradually increase it based on the individual characteristics of the patient. The initial daily dose, which takes 2-3 call is 0, 25-1, the increase of its produce to 0, 125-0, 75 g at regular intervals of time (2-3 days). The decision to increase physician should take, focusing on the individual patient's sensitivity to the drug L-dopa. The maximum permitted daily dose should not exceed 8 g
Stop receiving L-dopa is produced gradually, as the sudden cessation of treatment are possible negative effects lead to manifestations of symptoms similar to that which is inherent neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
Patients whose dose was for some reason reduced or treatment L-dopa terminated, should be kept under constant review.
During the course of treatment requires monitoring blood parameters of the patient and his mental status.
If the patient has angle-closure glaucoma, requires constant monitoring of intraocular pressure.
If necessary, surgery, providing for the use of general anesthesia, the drug L-Dopa stop drinking for 48-72 hours before the operation.
During the long course of treatment of L-dopa requires monitoring of all organ systems of the body.
Eating a high-protein impairs the absorption of the drug.
L-Dopa reduces attention, concentration, degrades psychomotor reactions. Therefore, in periods when the treatment is carried out, it requires careful drivers of vehicles, people engaged in potentially hazardous areas.
Side effects from taking L-dopa
Acceptance of the drug L-dopa can cause side effects, manifested:
- from the gastrointestinal (vomiting, nausea, constipation, gastric mucosal ulceration, dysphagia, appetite loss, bleeding in the stomach and intestines, etc.);
- CNS (dizziness, anxiety, sleep disorder, paranoia, euphoric state, depression, seizures, symptoms of uncontrolled movements, etc.);
- disorders of the heart and blood vessels (drop in blood pressure, arrhythmia, tachycardia, orthostatic collapse, etc.);
- violations on the part of blood (leucopenia, thrombocytopenia);
- as polyuria, rarely - diplopia.