Klatsid - broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat infections of the respiratory tract and soft tissue.
Klatsid refers to a group of antibiotics, macrolides, has an antibacterial effect.
The drug is effective against pneumococcus, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus zelenyaschy, listeria pathogens, Streptococcus group A, B, C, F, G, Haemophilus influenzae, pneumonia, pnevmohlamidoza, sporotrichosis, peptokokki, chlamydia, gonorrhea, leprosy, erysipelas, as well as Legionnaire's disease and mycoplasma pneumonia etiology. Klatsid has a positive effect on pertussis, Pasteurella birds, human poisoning, acne, borellioza, syphilis, enterocolitis.
Klatsid not effective in the treatment of Enterobacteriaceae, Escherichia coli and all other Gram-negative bacteria that do not ferment lactose.
Active ingredient - klaritromotsin, freed during the time of passage across the gastrointestinal tract due to the fact that the tablets are homogeneous crystalline mass.
Klatsid produced in the form:
- Yellow oval coated tablets of 250 mg and 500 mg (500 or Klatsid Klatsid CP) containing respectively 250 mg and 500 mg of active ingredient clarithromycin. Excipients - quinoline yellow, croscarmellose sodium, pregelatinized starch, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, talc, magnesium stearate, povidone. At 7-42 tablets per pack;
- White granular fruit flavored powder for suspension, which upon addition of water, forms opaque suspension Klatsid. In 5 ml contain 125 mg or 250 mg of active substance. The dark plastic bottles of 60 ml and 100 ml, respectively, with a syringe or dosing spoon. Excipients - povidone K90, carbomer, castor oil, hypromellose phthalate, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, sucrose, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, anhydrous citric acid, a fruit flavor.
According to the instructions Klatsid used for:
- Common mycobacterial infections that cause Mycobacterium intracellulare and Mycobacterium avium;
- Otitis media;
- Infections of the lower respiratory tract - bronchitis, pneumonia;
- Infections of skin and soft tissue - folliculitis, cellulitis, erysipelas;
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract - polisinusite, pharyngitis, monosinusite;
- Localized mycobacterial infections caused by Mycobacterium fortuitum, Mycobacterium chelonae and Mycobacterium kansasii;
- Eradication of Helicobacter pylori and reduction of recurrence of duodenal ulcers;
- Prevention of infection due to the complex Mycobacterium avium (MAC);
- Odontogenic infection.
According to the instructions Klatsid is contraindicated in:
- Severe hepatic impairment;
- Severe renal impairment;
- The simultaneous use of pimozide, cisapride, dihydroergotamine, astemizole, terfenadine, ergotamine;
- Pregnancy, lactation;
- Increased sensitivity to antibiotics, macrolides.
Children under 3 years of instruction Klatsid not prescribed in pill form.
Instructions for use klatsid
Typically, the drug is used 1 tablet klatsid 500 per day, regardless of meals. In severe cases, the dose can be increased twice. Tablets klatsid can not crush and chew. Duration of treatment is usually from 6 days to two weeks.
Depending on the disease Klatsid apply:
- If mycobacterial infection - 1 tablet klatsid 500 twice a day;
- In the treatment of odontogenic infections - 250 mg 2 times a day for 5 days;
- When prevention MAC infections - 1 tablet klatsid CP twice a day;
- To kill the bacteria H. pylori duodenal ulcer for 7-14 days - 1 tablet klatsid 500 2 times a day, combined with lanzoprazolom and amoxicillin or for 7 days - 1 tablet klatsid SR twice daily simultaneously with lanzoprazolom and metronidazole .
Although reviews Klatsid usually well tolerated, during treatment can occur abdominal pain, ventricular fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia accompanied by nausea, pancreatitis, diarrhea, vomiting, discoloration of the tongue and teeth, stomatitis, stomach pain, oral candidiasis, inflammation language, pseudomembranous colitis.
The deterioration of the liver and hepatocellular hepatitis with jaundice are rare, and are reversible.
Also on the reviews of klatsid may appear dizziness, transient headaches, anxiety and nightmares, insomnia, tinnitus, depersonalization, hallucinations and psychosis, convulsions, anxiety, confusion. In the opinion of klatsid, these effects occur less frequently if treatment is carried out in a calm atmosphere.
In some cases, the application of klatsid observed itching, hives, anaphylaxis, flushing of the skin, Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
In an application klatsid with other medications should be careful.
Klatsid related to drug list B. and prescription. Shelf life - 3 years.