Pomegranate juice is a valuable food product retains all the healing properties of fresh fruit. Garnet refers to one of the oldest edible fruits and medicinal plants, which were known to the people.
Pomegranate tree called Royal not only for its beauty but also because almost all of its parts - branches, bark, leaves and fruits can be used for medicinal purposes. Many of the beneficial properties were known in antiquity. According to historical data, Hippocrates used the juice of the pomegranate in the treatment of many diseases, especially disorders of the nervous system and fever, as well as stomach pains.
Especially popular pomegranate juice in the countries of Central Asia, where there is a legend that his blood was poured instead of wounded soldiers. In the mythology of many peoples of the world pomegranate symbolizes eternal life and abundance.
The juice of the pomegranate has a pleasant sweet-sour taste and is easily absorbed by the body.
The composition of pomegranate juice
Pomegranate seeds are extremely rich in many nutrients. Pomegranate juice contains:
- 14, 2 g carbohydrate;
- 0, 3 g protein;
- 0, 1 g of fat;
- 2, 4 grams of organic acids (mostly contains citric acid, which determines the taste of juice);
- 0, 2 g of dietary fiber;
- 14, 2 g of mono- and disaccharides;
- 82, 5 g of water;
- 0, 3 g of ashes.
Useful properties of pomegranate juice is due to its composition:
- Vitamins - PP, B2, A, B1, C, E and folacin (folic acid in its natural form);
- Macroelements - sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium;
- Trace elements - iron, iodine and copper;
- Nitrogenous substances;
- Water-soluble polyphenols;
- Tannin and pectin;
- Amino acids (essential and nonessential).
The biological activity and therapeutic properties of pomegranate juice is much higher than most other fruit and berry juices, making it one of the valuable food.
Useful properties of pomegranate juice
Thanks to vitamins E, PP, A, ascorbic acid and B vitamins pomegranate juice is useful:
- When vitamin deficiency;
- As vitamin support weakened organism to recover from serious illnesses and operations.
Especially valuable is the pomegranate juice for pregnant women, especially in the early stages, as all the vitamins contained in it is easily absorbed by the body. Also, it is recommended to include in the daily diet of nursing mothers, children and the elderly.
Minerals belonging to the pomegranate juice, promote:
- Perfect functioning of the circulatory system;
- Improvement of bone tissue;
- Improve the quality of the blood, affecting the level of hemoglobin.
Organic acids are found in pomegranate juice, are powerful antioxidants, anti-aging and reduce the risk of heart disease.
The benefits of pomegranate juice
Scientists at the University of California found that the fresh pomegranate juice blocks the oxidation processes in the body effectively green tea, red wine and other juices (orange, grape and blueberry). The scientists also found that the ability of the University of pomegranate juice slow the growth of cancer in prostate cancer.
Israeli specialists has been proven the benefits of pomegranate juice for the destruction of infection in the kidneys, with a similar effect can not be caused by a particular substance, but because of their unique combination.
Pomegranate juice is useful as a diuretic to relieve edema, while it is not washed out of the body's potassium, like many synthetic diuretics drugs, but rather it imbues the body. This feature is particularly useful for cardiac patients and hypertensive patients, as the juice from pomegranate seeds helps to normalize the pressure in hypertension.
Also as a result of many studies have proven the benefits of pomegranate juice for men. He not only replenish vitamins and minerals saturates the body needs, but also by improving blood circulation, combined with physical activity and a healthy diet helps to restore potency.
Pomegranate juice has the property of thickening a little blood, so it is used for the treatment of prolonged uterine bleeding.
The use of pomegranate juice
Fresh pomegranate juice can be squeezed like using special centrifuges, and without it. To do this, ripe fruit in their skins need to stretch your arms, and then cut the cake and squeeze the juice. It is believed that particularly useful juice from fruits with dark, almost burgundy grains.
Pomegranate juice may be incorporated into a variety of diets, and the combination with beetroot and carrot juice makes it a vitamin-mineral cocktail.
There are different recipes for the use of pomegranate juice in the treatment of various diseases:
- In the gastro-intestinal disorders and anemia should drink half a glass of juice for half an hour before meals three times a day. It is necessary to adhere to an appropriate diet, which prevents constipation. This treatment can be carried out for a long time - from 2 to 4 months;
- When angina and stomatitis recommended gargle heated pomegranate juice;
- To normalize hormone production by the ovaries during the menstrual cycle is recommended in the first 7-10 days of the cycle to drink one glass of pomegranate juice;
- To cleanse the body of toxins and metabolic products should drink pomegranate juice daily for three weeks. In the first week - three times a day, in the second - twice a day, and during the third week - once a day.
Also, the juice from pomegranate seeds on 50-120 ml per day is recommended to drink at:
- Poor appetite;
- Swelling and stagnation of bile;
- Cardio-vascular diseases.
Outwardly properties of pomegranate juice used in the treatment of burns and wounds, using it diluted in half with water for compresses and lotions.
The juice of the pomegranate is widely used around the world chefs. The evaporated juice is the basis of one of the most famous sauces Oriental cuisine - narsharab who served with fish and meat dishes. Also, the juice is used as part of marinades for meat, so they acquire a special tenderness.
Harm pomegranate juice
With all the useful properties of pomegranate juice harm may occur against the background of various diseases. So, it is not recommended to use it at:
- Ulcerative lesions of the mucous membranes of the digestive organs;
Harm pomegranate juice may also occur when using it in excessive quantities. Gastritis, pancreatitis and increased acidity of gastric juice can be drunk in small quantities.
In addition, it should be noted that the organic acids present in pomegranate juice, break down tooth enamel, in connection with which dentists recommend to drink it diluted with water, and after drinking juice mouth should be rinsed.