This white and delicious sauce is very popular among people around the world.
With mayonnaise eat almost any food - Shawarma and hot dogs, salads. It is also used as a marinade for meat, replacing them and wine vinegar. Amazing taste of mayonnaise earned him great fame, but at the same time for this product and accounts for a lot of criticism.
History of mayonnaise
Back in the XVIII century French troops under the command of the Duke of Richelieu led the siege of the Spanish city of Mahon. Long siege has led to that the French army had serious problems with food. The stock remained only olive oil, eggs, salt and some spices. Eating some eggs very quickly tired of the soldiers, and then the Duke of Richelieu ordered the cooks to invent a tasty dish of food in stock. That's when the recipe was invented maonskogo sauce - mayonnaise.
Mayonnaise: caloric and nutritional properties
Since the main carriers of taste considered fat, it can be argued - that the taste of mayonnaise is better than it fatter. In Europe, there are specific standards that set fat and calorie mayonnaise. Thus, salad mayonnaise fat should have from 50 to 70%. If the fat content is less, such a product has called salad dressing, not mayonnaise.
Mayonnaise sold in Russia for its caloric content can be divided into three groups:
- Classic mayonnaise - contains more than 55% fat. Its calorific exceed 600 kcal per 100 g 0;
- Mayonnaise average fat content - the proportion of fat in it is 40 to 55%, and its calorie content - from 380 to 550 kcal;
- Light Mayonnaise - calorie product of from 100 to 350 Kcal, and the content of fat is less than 40%.
The glycemic index is calorie mayonnaise medium 60. It contains 5 2% carbohydrate, 40% fat and 0, 5% protein.
Mayonnaise, made an industrial way and is sold in stores is hardly a useful product for human health, as it contains large amounts of preservatives, and acids required to increase the shelf life of the product. Damage mayonnaise produced industry caused by the fact that instead of natural egg producers use soy or egg lecithin and emulsifiers. These substances give mayonnaise classic taste, but it is not safe for health. In the store, there are also mayonnaise glutamate and other flavor enhancers that cause food addiction.
Useful properties of mayonnaise determined by the properties of its component products:
- Eggs are rich in digestible protein - albumin, and their yolk is a valuable source of choline, an essential component of a complex of vitamins of group B. It is believed that eggs are rich in cholesterol, but in order to get the minimum daily dose of the substance you need to eat about 80 eggs!
- Vegetable oil - contains polyunsaturated fatty acids and good cholesterol. Due to its high energy content is a source of easily digestible energy. The composition of the vegetable oil include vitamins F and E. In addition, a vegetable oil helps absorption from the gastrointestinal tract of vitamin A.
- Vinegar - eliminates harmful bacteria that may have gotten into the mayonnaise in the process of making it. But to increase the use of mayonnaise it is recommended that instead of the usual, add apple cider vinegar, which has healing properties.
The use of mayonnaise, home-cooked, no doubt. But cook it should only be of high quality and fresh products. It should be remembered, and that mayonnaise is a perishable product. Never use it for food if it is not stored in the refrigerator, because this can cause quite severe food poisoning.
But fans should not forget the mayonnaise, mayonnaise, cooked even at home - it's just a sauce and it should only be used as a condiment, and not as the main course. Its richness is almost two times higher than that of sour cream and mayonnaise with a substantial use can be easily extra weight gain, which leads to the development of obesity, hypertension, diseases of the cardiovascular system. Around the need to know when to stop and observe the rules of healthy eating!