So beloved by us and our children Mandarin citrus grows on a small branched evergreen tree of the genus Citrus, Rutaceae family.
is China. In Europe, tangerine tree fell at the beginning of the XIX century - and today this culture is one of the most common in tropical Asia and in many other warm countries (France, Spain, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Morocco, Argentina). In Russia, mandarin grown in the Caucasus, in the region of the Black Sea coast.
Mandarins are grown on small, not exceeding 4 meters shrub with dark green ovate shoots. The fruits are small, about 5-6 cm in diameter, slightly flattened from top to bottom. The rind - thin and loose, bright orange. The pulp of tangerines, which are usually sweeter than orange taste, divided into well-separated from each other segments, only 10-12 pieces. Tangerines differ pronounced citrus aroma.
Pulp Mandarin 90% of the water - the remaining 10% comes from sugar, pectin, acid, glycosides, minerals, vitamins, essential oils and volatile. It should be noted that not tangerine incorporates nitrate as it contains citric acid is natural for them "antidote". Even with long-term storage and transportation of pulp tangerine able to keep all the necessary to human health.
On the vitamin content of citrus is worth mentioning separately. Mandarin is replete with ascorbic acid or vitamin C (content of 100 grams of fruit - 35 mg) - an element that alone is not produced by the body. Vitamin C is involved in all redox reactions, reduces vascular permeability, activates the body's defenses. In addition, ascorbic acid determines the powerful antioxidant properties of tangerines, contributing to slowing down the aging process.
In addition, tangerines abound vitamins B, especially vitamins B1 and B2, provitamin A, P, K, D. The complex benefits mandarins huge: regular use of citrus saturate the body in the winter, protect children from rickets, contribute to the preservation of elasticity blood vessels have been used successfully for the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as a means to stop bleeding.
Mandarin - a valuable dietary product that increases appetite, improves metabolic processes in the body and uplifting. Properties impressive mandarin citrus fruits have anti-scorbutic on the body, tonic, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-action.
A decoction of the peel mandarins reduces the good blood sugar levels in diabetes. To cook using the peel from citrus fruit 3, which is boiled in 1 liter of water for 10 minutes.
By the way, the properties of tangerine peel this action is not limited to: in folk medicine "treatment" of mandarins are used as stopping vomiting, reducing the symptoms of diarrhea, softening cough bronchitis and tracheitis drug.
Tangerine juice is able to cleanse the body of worms. As the applications themselves fruit and fresh juice of mandarins are used as means against "thrush", and fungal diseases of the skin (microsporia, ringworm, etc.).
Caloric mandarin is 52 kcal per 100 g of edible portion of it. The nutritional value:
- Proteins - 0, 8 g;
- Fats - 0, 2 g;
- Carbohydrates - 7, 5 g
Tangerines are a valuable dietary product that is often used as the main ingredient menu fasting days.
Fruits of a tangerine
very tasty fresh, but they are often used in the culinary industry, for the production of juices, compotes, jams, sweets and alcoholic beverages. In the case of adding to the product of sugar increases the calorie mandarin, citrus and lose their nutritional properties.
The bright and fresh aromas of citrus peel is used to make tangerine oil. Scope of tangerine oil is widely in many countries it is used as a treatment for flatulence and colic in children (by gentle massage tummy).
The role of mandarin oil and in the beauty industry: the product promotes nutrition and hydration of the skin, and well eliminate stretch marks (striae) in pregnant women. In aromatherapy tangerine oil is used as a relaxing, relieves fatigue and reduces symptoms of stress agents.
Despite the obvious benefit of mandarin, excessive consumption of citrus contraindicated allergies, as well as people suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: gastritis with high acidity, colitis, enteritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer. Citric acid is contained in Mandarin, not only irritating the mucosa of the stomach and intestines, and kidney - concerning fruit are contraindicated in diseases such as hepatitis, nephritis, and acute cholecystitis.