Description of sea salt
Sea salt is called salt, extracted, usually in a natural way from the sea. Compared with the conventional salt, sea features significantly more minerals.
Tradition extract salt from the sea quite old and has more than 4000 years. It is believed that the first inhabitants began to evaporate salt East Asia (India, Japan, China) and the Mediterranean (Italy, France, Spain). "Digestion" of seawater is typical for countries with colder climates, such as England.
The main feature of sea salt is its unique balanced composition that does not require additional enrichment. For centuries, the useful properties of sea salt used to treat various diseases.
Sea salt is used in cooking and in industrial plants in the production of chlorine and caustic soda.
Useful properties of sea salt
Treatment with sea salt has the same long history as the treatment of sea water. Even in ancient times used the properties of sea salt, contributing to:
- Improve circulation and elasticity of the skin and tissue;
- Intertissue accelerate metabolic processes;
- Reduce cramps, pain and inflammation;
- Regeneration of skin cells;
- Reducing stress levels.
External application of sea salt improves blood circulation and increases the activity of all metabolic processes.
Sea salt is the basis for many of the procedures in balneotherapy (spa treatment). Rendering effects on the autonomic nervous system, it cures stress, relieves spasms and stimulates the pineal gland.
It has more than a dozen diseases that with regular carrying out of procedures can be cured with sea salt. Among them:
- Arthrosis and arthritis;
- Sinusitis and otitis media;
- Poor circulation;
- Periodontal disease;
- Constipation and diarrhea;
The composition of sea salt
Unlike refined table salt, sea salt contained in excess of 80 necessary for health microelements in a bioavailable form, including:
- Sodium and potassium are involved in the regulation of feeding and cleaning cell;
- Calcium plays an important role in the prevention of infections and wound healing, as well as in the formation of cell membranes;
- Magnesium is needed to relax the muscles and prevent aging;
- Manganese is involved in strengthening the immune system and bone formation;
- Copper, which prevents the development of anemia;
- Brom, a beneficial effect on the nervous system;
- Selenium prevents the development of cancer;
- Iodine helps regulate hormone metabolism;
- The chlorine required for the formation of plasma and gastric juice;
- Iron and zinc are involved in the formation of erythrocytes and formation of immunity;
- The silicon that strengthens the tissues and elasticity of blood vessels.
The composition of sea salt depends on the place of its production. Thus, the Dead Sea in Israel, has such a high concentration of salt that does not allow water to immerse in and pushes on the surface of the human body easily. It is believed that the salt from the Dead Sea has a pronounced healing properties, the most widely used in cosmetology.
Use sea salt
The use of sea salt inside contributes to the treatment of many diseases. So, we have proved the benefits of sea salt to lower blood pressure, sodium balance is achieved. In addition, the salt from the sea as the effective prevention of many diseases of the heart and helps reduce cholesterol levels.
Thanks to the rich mineral composition, the use of sea salt also note:
- For the "alkalinity" of the body, which helps prevent the development of many serious diseases of the body;
- In the treatment of various skin diseases;
- To strengthen the immune system;
- To reduce excess weight, activating digestion and prevent the accumulation of toxins;
- In the treatment of asthma (by slowing the production of sputum);
- To ensure proper electrolyte balance in the body, which has a beneficial effect on the nervous system and cell function;
- For the normalization of sleep;
- To maintain proper blood sugar levels;
- In the treatment of various types of depression as sea salt contributes to the development of two main hormones in the body (serotonin and melatonin), which help to cope with stress.
The use of sea salt
Sea salt is used in cooking and for medicinal treatments.
It is considered useful in the preparation of food to replace common salt sea water or use a mixture of them in the ratio of 1: 1, which will receive much more minerals.
There are also various folk recipes use sea salt inside the treatment of various diseases. So, if you drink a glass of warm water with half a teaspoon of sea salt before bedtime, it helps to improve sleep and increase its duration. In addition, it helps with colds, the flu arise as well as wearing allergic in nature.
External sea salt can be used as baths. To this must be dissolved in a bath of 1-2 kilograms natural sea salt and lie in it for 15-20 minutes. Then wipe with a towel, and should go to bed. The procedures recommended in a day. Total number of bathrooms on the course - 10-15. Such procedures are particularly effective for diseases of the cardiovascular system. They also contribute to the elimination of toxins, and relieve fatigue. Baths with sea salt can be combined with various aromatic oils.
It is also used topically sea salt can be in the form of rubbing, which is a good prevention of colds, improves blood circulation and strengthens the immune system. In addition, rubbing sea salt evens out skin tone, eliminate cellulite, cleanse the skin and give it elasticity and firmness.
There are various recipes for the use of sea salt for grinding. According to one of them should be mixed a glass of vodka, half a liter of water, 20 drops of iodine and 2 tablespoons of sea salt, then soaked in a solution of rigid glove rub the whole body from the legs toward the heart.
In diseases of the lungs, nose, throat and bronchi, as well as sinusitis, flu and colds effectively conduct inhalation of sea salt. To them should boil a liter of water and add 2 tablespoons of sea salt. Inhalation is carried out for 15 minutes twice a day, usually morning and evening. In diseases of the bronchi it is recommended to breathe in the mouth and nose to breathe, and at a cold - on the contrary.
Also, sea salt traditionally used in cosmetics. It is part of many masks, creams, lotions and tonics. Cosmetics with sea salt helps to narrow pores, rejuvenate skin and improve complexion.