Chronic renal failure
Brief description of the disease
Chronic renal failure - it is a slow, gradual decline in kidney function up to complete destruction (necrosis), kidney tissue as a result of the spread of the pathological process. Today, the disease occurs in 200-500 people from one million inhabitants of the Earth, however, existing studies suggest that
in the coming years the number of patients who require treatment for chronic renal failure to increase by 10-12%.
Causes of chronic renal failure
In most cases, renal tissue damage is the fault of various diseases:
- kidney disease, including chronic pyelonephritis and glomerulonephritis;
- diabetes mellitus, amyloidosis, and other diseases associated with metabolic disorders;
- hereditary kidney disease;
- scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematosus;
- diseases that lead to disruption of renal blood flow, including arterial hypertension
All of these inflammatory and infectious diseases cause the death of nephrons, the basic working cell renal tissue. As a consequence, this leads to disruption of water and electrolyte balance in the body, failures in the process of metabolism, acidosis and other serious consequences.
Violation of water balance in the body contributes to dry skin and early wrinkles. Cosmetics with hyaluronic acid helps in this case to eliminate cosmetic facial imperfections.
Stage renal disease
- latent - patients do not show any specific complaints. Some people have observed: fatigue, dry mouth, weakness, urine protein and changing the electrolytic composition of blood;
- compensated - frequent complaints of patients because symptoms begin to manifest themselves much brighter. Furthermore, in humans there is an increased urine output (2, 5 l. Day) and adverse effects detected in the analysis of blood;
- intermittent - registered a steady rise in products of nitrogen metabolism in blood urea and creatinine levels. Patients feel weakness, thirst, dry mouth and loss of appetite, fatigue at the slightest physical exertion. Human skin becomes jaundiced;
- end stage - the kidneys are no longer cope with the processing and removal of harmful substances is disturbed electrolyte composition of blood, greatly increased levels of creatinine, urea and uric acid. All this leads to uremia, i.e. the amount released in the night urine is reduced to the minimum possible limit. At this stage of chronic renal failure leads to the defeat of all the major body systems, including the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
With long-term course of the disease nitrogenous metabolic products begin to be displayed later, and the patient feels a constant smell of urine. Note also that
adequately conducted treatment of chronic renal failure, or a complete lack of results in irreversible changes
and the need for a kidney transplant.
Treatment of chronic renal failure
The main activities are aimed at slowing the progression of the disease. To this end, (regardless of the stage of chronic renal failure), doctors, first of all, identify the cause of the disease and are working to resolve it. At the same time the patient is assigned to a special regime of work and rest, a strict diet, intake of drugs, mostly anabolic steroids and Lespenefril.
In the event that chronic renal failure has progressed to the stage of thermal, standard conservative treatments do not bring satisfactory results.
During this period, must be removed from the patient's blood accumulated metabolic products. Typically, to solve this problem, a complex hemodialysis - human blood passes through a special system in which it is in contact with the solution and dializuruyuschim rid of harmful substances and then is returned to the circulatory system of the patient. Within a week, the patient is preferably carried out at least 3 dialysis sessions lasting 3-5 hours.
Medical studies conducted in major hospitals around the world, show that c hemodialysis life expectancy of patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure increases up to 25 years.
Often, there are situations when the chronic renal failure leads to complete necrosis of the kidney tissue,
and they can no longer perform their functions even if the provision of a permanent, professional medical care. In such cases it should be used the most radical method of treatment - the transplantation of healthy kidneys.