Among the large number of diseases that affect both women and men are still at a fairly young age (under 30 years) is fairly common cyst of coccyx. In medical science, this disease has many names: dermal cyst, pilonidal sinuses, or coccyx fistula pilonidal sinus. Tailbone cyst belongs to a rather insidious disease and over time she may not give pain and to express themselves. To determine the presence of at coccygeal possible and independently. In the gluteal line (at a distance of no more than 10 cm from the anus) can detect barely noticeable hole. In some patients, it is, on the contrary, deep, resembling a small funnel.
The main causes of tailbone cyst
As a result of that dermal cyst refers to a congenital disease, the main cause of the cyst of the coccyx, and the manifestation of her pain is a blockage of holes or mechanical trauma. These negative factors are always entail tailbone cyst symptoms such as redness, unpleasant, sometimes very sharp pain. As a result, there is an irreversible inflammation, provoking disorder of fatty tissue. Thereafter, in the body there is a new, already re-opening, which is called purulent fistula. It arises from the fact that the pus comes out gradually, breaking through the top layer of skin.
Consult your doctor is also necessary in the event that on the body have these symptoms tailbone cyst as a small rise, triggered by hypothermia or different respiratory diseases (such as influenza).
If the patient has an acute inflammation occurs tailbone cyst, it will certainly result in an increase in temperature, as well as severe pain. Often illness provokes analyzed some complications (development of fistulae, skin eczema and purulent abscess). People for a long time suffered from chronic inflammation of the cyst stage of the coccyx, experiencing constant discharge of pus from the epithelial coccygeal.
Diagnosing coccyx cyst
Establishing the diagnosis of cysts of the coccyx, health workers, primarily trying to distinguish it from the fistula of the rectum and from osteomyelitis, which occurs in the bones of the sacrum. The main method of diagnosis is a visual inspection of the rectal mucosa. You can carry it using a sigmoidoscopy. In addition, this procedure can not be done without sensing. To determine whether a person has the disease tailbone cyst, you must certainly be examined by X-rays of the coccyx and sacrum.
Treatment of cysts coccyx
Fully cured fistula coccyx only during surgery, because today other methods of treatment has yet been found. Tailbone cyst operation is performed with the aim to extract the body of pilonidal sinuses, as well as all of its primary processes and holes. Radical treatment tailbone cyst must be conducted in several stages:
- Removal of the coccyx and the entire cyst pathological focus, which is carried out without fail during surgery;
- The next step is already directed to physicians to make the wound after removing the formed cyst coccyx, as small as possible.
Due to the continuous development of medical science has now become possible to carry out the operation on the tailbone cyst unique new method makes it possible not only to sew the wound, but also to carry out the process of surgery, without causing pain in the patient. It should also be noted that this method of treatment enables the patient to easily carry the operation to quickly complete the rehabilitation period, and proceed directly to a really active lifestyle.
A significant advantage of the tailbone cyst operations is that after their disease almost never resumed. The disadvantages include the relatively long process of wound healing, which sometimes reaches six weeks.
The main postoperative recommendations to be followed by the patient, may include:
- Strict medical supervision of the patient during the first 5 hours after the operation.
- After an hour the doctor spends secondary inspection, during which imposes a new bandage. Also, the patient should receive detailed instructions on how to behave at home, which should be excluded from the daily diet, and how to care for the wound. Only after using the previous activities of the patient can be sent home.
- Approximately 48 hours after the operation the patient can take a warm bath. Doing this is recommended at least twice a day. By performing these actions, you can always improve your overall physical condition, as well as accelerate the process of wound healing. Be sure to remember that completing the water treatment, it is necessary to change the bandage, and apply special healing ointment (this can be Posterisan or Levomekol).
- To establish the correct process of wound healing, the patient is obliged to at least once a week to come to the clinic for examination.
- Within three weeks after the removal of the coccyx cyst patient should not sit.
- 4 weeks can not lift heavy objects.
- After removing the stitches the wound every day washed hygienic shower.
- During the 6 months in the operated area to do hair removal.