Brief description of the disease
Sciatica is an inflammation of the sciatic nerve, the largest nerve in the entire body. It passes through the lumbar spine, and then divided into smaller elements, which is energized in the knee, ankle, hip, foot and toes.
Just want to note that sciatica, treatment of which is an important health problem, significantly reduces the level of human life due to severe pain in different parts of the body.
The main causes of sciatica - is:
- hypothermia (both local and general);
- diseases of the spine (spondylosis, osteochondrosis, different strain);
- too heavy load on the spine.
Sciatica - symptoms
Usually, sciatica is one-sided, that is pain present on only one side of the body, however, it happens not always. It may happen that, for example, suffer from both legs. Moreover, sometimes extreme pain manifested not only in the legs, but at the same time in the lumbar, buttocks, hips, feet and legs.
So you can at least roughly imagine how it feels to people diagnosed with sciatica, want to list several species of discomfort encountered in this disease:
- sharp, shooting pain;
- "Goose bumps";
- full or partial numbness.
Often the symptoms of the disease manifest themselves so clearly, that the patient can not sleep and perform other customary actions - to stand, bend over or turn. This is the reason for people diagnosed with sciatica, exercises and other activities are not merely preventive and essential procedures that allow return to normal life.
Sciatica - the treatment of the disease
Currently, doctors are widely used both traditional and folk treatment of sciatica. About the recipes of traditional medicine will be discussed below, and is more fully describe what techniques are used in modern health centers and clinics.
First, a few words about the medical treatment of sciatica. It involves receiving anti-inflammatory drugs that relieve severe pain. Among the recommended drugs include ibuprofen, diclofenac and Ortophenum, but remember that these drugs are not able to eliminate the cause of the disease. Accordingly, if effectively treat sciatica symptoms will disappear only for a while, and then the pain will be even stronger and spread to other parts of the body. To cope with the disease will only comprehensive treatment, including:
- exercise therapy - as already mentioned above for people diagnosed with sciatica, exercises and other special exercises are vital, and they are held under the supervision of an experienced physician in compliance with all of its recommendations. To engage in independent action is not necessary, since the wrong approach physical training leads to repeated bouts of sciatica;
- reflexology - a course of treatments, accelerating the recovery process;
- manual techniques in conjunction with massage complex;
- water treatment - Vichy shower, pearl and whirlpool baths;
- physiotherapy activities - phonophoresis, electrophoresis, Darsonval;
Once again, we note that any painkillers bring little, short-term improvement. They suppress the unpleasant symptoms, but can not eliminate them completely, so at the first sensation of pain, we advise you to consult a doctor. He will find out what the cause of the pain - sciatica or other disease, and appoint adequate patient, the right medication.
Sciatica - Treatment folk remedies
If a person is diagnosed with sciatica, national treatment is combined with standard medical procedures in order to achieve maximum effect. Here are the most common and effective recipe:
- 2 tablespoons herb marsh filled bogulnika 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil. The mixture was placed in a tightly closed vessel and infused in a warm place for 12 hours. After that it is necessary to cool, strain and rub on those areas of the body that deliver the most intense pain;
- Clean the black radish, grate it on grater and spread on a piece of cloth. Compress applied to the affected area and tied a scarf or shawl warm;
- sour dough rye flour spread on cloth or gauze. The thickness of the dough should be 1-2 cm. Compress done every day for the night;
- 50-70 c. grated horseradish placed in a cheesecloth and sink into the warm water. People's treatment of sciatica in the form of bath is very effective, but do not forget to take them every day before going to sleep for two or three weeks;
- for the preparation of therapeutic bath can also be used 150 g of crushed roots of Angelica that boiled in 1 liter for 30 minutes, or 100 g herb meadowsweet.