Ovarian cyst is a benign tumor in the tumor tissue of the ovary.
Pathological tumor cavernous space filled with different contents, mostly liquid.
At risk of disease ovarian cyst are usually young women of childbearing age. In the age category of women over fifty years, the risk of ovarian cysts is greatly reduced.
Types of ovarian cysts
There are several different types of ovarian cysts:
- Ovarian cyst corpus luteum.
In most cases, the symptoms of ovarian corpus luteum cyst shown only on one side. Education thickened walls. The tumor contains within yellow liquid mixed with blood. Reasons ovarian corpus luteum cyst lie in the fact that after ovulation luteum cells do not fill the follicle, it significantly increases in size and is filled with liquid contents.
Ovarian cysts and corpus luteum cysts are follicular neoplasms functional character as formed inside the ovary as a result of natural physiological processes that take place each month in the female body. Reasons contributing to the formation of these cysts - a hormonal malfunction of the body. Typically, such an ovarian cyst not grow large, their formation and growth occur almost symptomless, as not to cause a woman pain and discomfort. Often the disease is discovered accidentally, during a routine gynecological examination or by ultrasound.
When parovarian cyst ovarian symptoms develop in the epididymis, located above the ovary. A cyst is a swelling of a single-chamber round or oval, filled with transparent liquid contents. Thin, almost transparent, parovarian cyst of the ovary wall pierced with a network of tiny blood vessels. The age group of women, are vulnerable to these diseases, from 20 to 40 years. Typically, the tumor is benign and rarely covers the pathological process itself ovary.
Symptoms of ovarian cysts
The vast majority of ovarian cysts develop symptoms and are diagnosed by chance when passing woman preventive gynecological examination or ultrasound.
With an increase in tumor size may be a manifestation of the following symptoms of ovarian cysts:
- Increases in the abdomen circumference;
- There pain of varying intensity - from the feeling of heaviness, fullness, to the sharp, paroxysmal pain (severe acute pain may indicate a rupture of an ovarian cyst or torsion leg cysts);
- Violated the usual menstrual cycle (if the tumor produces hormones).
Diagnosis of ovarian cysts
For diagnostic purposes, and to assign the correct treatment of ovarian cysts in a medical institution conducted the following activities:
- A common gynecological examination;
- Ultrasound of internal organs using transabdominal and transvaginal transducers (ultrasound method is by far the most painless and reliable);
- Puncture the cyst contents produced through the posterior vaginal fornix (the method shown in the complicated ovarian cysts);
- Laparoscopic examination (in addition to the most accurate method of diagnosis of cysts and the possibility of studying their contents, laparoscopy is also a medical procedure);
- Laboratory blood test for tumor markers in it;
- Research on blood hemoglobin level;
- Pregnancy test (to avoid the likelihood of ectopic pregnancy).
Treatment of ovarian cysts
Choosing the correct management of patients with tumors in the ovaries, the doctor relies primarily on a woman's age and the degree of risk of malignancy of the tumor. In the age group of women of reproductive age, deciding on surgical removal of ovarian cysts is discussed collectively and most balanced as surgery captures the whole ovary with the appendage.
Conservative treatment of ovarian cysts is possible in cases where the cause of the cysts are functional cyst does not have a tendency to break the capsule, suppuration and other complications.
Today, the surgical removal of an ovarian cyst is most commonly used method of laparoscopy. Laparoscopic surgery is the most effective, painless and does not threaten to further postoperative complications.