Cyst of the maxillary sinus
Cyst of the maxillary sinus - a benign, forms of cancer of the mucous membrane in the sinus blockage of ductless. When the excretory duct stops working, the mucus builds up in the gland and forms a thin-walled spherical capsule filling of the sinuses.
There are two subspecies of the maxillary sinus cyst:
- Classical or true cyst of the maxillary sinus. All of its wall formed of mucosal tissues;
- Misleading or pseudocyst. The casing is formed such cysts from other tissue types. It is usually located at the bottom of the maxillary sinus, and is caused by inflammation in the upper jaw.
According to medical studies of the maxillary sinus cyst is defined in the survey 10% of people. For optimal use of its diagnostic method of computer tomography.
The reasons for the formation of cysts of the maxillary sinus can be:
- All types of rhinitis - a chronic, vasomotor, allergic;
- Inflammation of the mucous sinuses - sinusitis, polyps;
- Anomalies in the development of the nasal cavity.
Cyst of the maxillary sinus: Symptoms
Symptoms of sinus cysts are as follows:
- Chronic pain in the upper jaw, extending to temple and eye socket from the affected sinus;
- Constant headaches;
- Stuffy nose with no signs of colds and nasal discharge yellow liquid;
- Frequent sinus disease.
It should be noted that in most cases, symptoms are absent cysts maxillary sinus, and its presence is detected accidentally during radiographic examinations head for other indications.
Cyst of the maxillary sinus: Treatment
To determine the method of treatment of cysts of the maxillary sinus must be continuous monitoring of its development. Predict the development process is almost impossible.
In the case of asymptomatic disease cyst can remain unchanged for many years, reduced in size or even disappear. The treatment does not require such a cyst. Associated with dental infection false cyst in most cases takes place when the tooth is disinfected. When sinus puncture needle punctured the cyst, the cyst contents poured out and it shrinks. Cysts, however, remains, and after some time filled.
In other cases, regardless of the type of cyst, if it ever bothers and disturbs the normal functioning of the body, it is recommended only effective treatment for a cyst in the maxillary sinus - removal.
Remove the cysts of the maxillary sinus
Depending on the size of the cyst and its location in the sinus cavity is chosen one of two ways to remove:
- Surgical removal of the cyst of the maxillary sinus - Caldwell-Luc operation, make it through an incision under the upper lip, the anterior wall of the sinus through opened using surgical instruments cyst removed. The disadvantage of this method - a violation of the integrity of the walls of the maxillary sinus. Hole, opening during surgery, after overgrown scars rather than bone. This can lead to disruption of physiologic functions mucosal tissues, resulting can be rhinitis or sinusitis. The operation is performed under local or general anesthesia;
- Endoscopic sinus cyst removal is carried out by means of an endoscope introduced through the nostril, a cyst removed after anastomosis (natural drainage hole), nothing further piercing and cutting. The whole process of the operating doctor monitors the monitor. The integrity of the maxillary sinus is not violated, and the functions and physiological properties of the mucous membrane is fully retained. Perform operations without the use of anesthesia. In special situations, endoscopic removal can be carried out through an incision under the upper lip. In front of the maxillary sinus is perforated hole is not more than 4 mm. In this way, the removal of cysts of the maxillary sinus is stored in the integrity of the anastomosis.
People's treatment of cysts of the maxillary sinus
It is important to know that the popular treatment for cysts of the maxillary sinus in most cases, its use can lead to a deterioration of the situation, especially if the cyst is formed on the background of chronic allergic rhinitis. In such a case, allergic background body so raised, and the grasses and biologically active substances such as honey or propolis may cause additional allergy attacks and increasing cyst.
Do not use the following methods to the national treatment of cysts of the maxillary sinus:
- Drip in a nose broths, oils or herbal infusions;
- Lubricate the nose of honey;
- Irrigate the nasal cavity herbal infusions and decoctions;
- Do inhalations with essential oils;
- Take herbal teas and herbal infusions.
Contraindicated as physiotherapy and various homeopathic treatments, the reception of homeopathic medicines.
Preventing the formation of cysts of the maxillary sinus is a timely treatment of diseases, provoking its development - caries, periodontal disease, rhinitis, sinusitis. Treatment of allergic rhinitis with antihistamines and prevention of acute hay fever are also recommended time.