Brief description of the disease
Hypotension is extended condition in which the systolic (upper) pressure drops below 100 mm Hg. column, and the diastolic (lower) - less than 60 mm Hg. column. In cardiology literature there are other figures, as a single point of view on lowering the pressure at which a person begins to develop hypotension - does not exist. Doctors agree only that in this disease the lower the blood pressure is defined as 60 mm. Hg. column and below.
Today experts distinguish two forms of the disease - primary and secondary
. Essential (primary) form is manifested either as a chronic disease, either as a genetic predisposition
. In the case of the secondary form of human blood pressure decreases under the influence of defects and pathologies of the cardiovascular system
. It is worth noting that, unlike hypertension, hypotension does not cause serious complications and consequences, but it does not mean that it is harmless
. The risk of the disease is manifested in a significant decrease in the quality of life of people suffering from fatigue, dizziness, lethargy and headaches
. If you are diagnosed with hypotension, treatment will be based either on getting rid of the unpleasant symptoms of the disease or the elimination of the disease, which led to a decrease in blood pressure
. By ailments that affect the person's blood pressure include: peptic ulcer, cirrhosis of the liver, anemia, hepatitis and hypertension
In the early 20th century suffered from hypotension mostly elderly people, but the development of technical progress and the transition from physical labor to mental activity have led to the fact that low blood pressure is usually found among young people aged 19 to 30 years. In the absence of adequate treatment of hypotension leads to a loss of vascular tone and cardiac muscles. The process is long, but in any case - bad, so when the first suspicions of hypotension, you should consult a cardiologist.
Hypotension - symptoms and clinical picture
The main symptom is a decrease in blood pressure immediately after the transition of the body from a horizontal to vertical position. This process is accompanied by deterioration of blood supply to the brain and, therefore, vertigo, tinnitus, blackout. Discomfort lasts for long - no more than 2-3 minutes. In some cases, too low blood pressure leading to fainting, stroke and ischemic injury (if the patient fell out of the short-term loss of consciousness). Note also that human pressure can drop not only because of the abrupt change in body position, but also as a result of an illness, the use of any strong medicines or after surgery.
The situation is different if the patient develops chronic hypotension, symptoms of which can appear anywhere, anytime. The chronic form of the disease is characterized by the following features:
- low efficiency;
- feeling tired right after a night's rest;
- unpleasant sensations in the heart;
- a tendency to fainting;
- poor tolerance stuffiness, cold, heat or humidity.
Hypotension - Treatment of diseases
Regardless of the form of the disease, the treatment must be complex. It includes normalization of lifestyle, restful sleep, rational alternation of work and rest, avoiding harmful habits and proper nutrition. In addition, the patient must do sports regularly walk in the fresh air and the possibility of taking tonic douche. Very important and physiotherapy, as exercise leads to normal blood pressure, can get rid of his sudden changes. From medication used anticholinergics, anti-oxidants, nootropic drugs, tranquilizers and cerebroprotectors. If possible, replace them with natural tonics: ginseng tincture Aralia, Eleutherococcus and Schisandra.
In secondary hypotension underlying disease must be treated as short-term relief of symptoms is not able to save people from the main reason for discomfort.
Finally we present a series of recommendations that will help you when hypotension:
- Minimize consumption of alcohol;
- Avoid prolonged exposure to high and low temperatures on the skin (which cause dilation of blood vessels and decrease blood pressure);
- stop taking drugs that may reduce the human pressure;
- Try to rest for at least 8 hours a day;
- Eat at least 4 times a day, but reduce the amount of food consumed at each meal;
- if there are no contraindications, increase the amount of intake of salt;
- during sleep the head should be above the level of the feet about 20-30 cm;
- in winter compensates for the deficiency of vitamins and minerals with special vitamin complexes;
- If low blood pressure is accompanied by emotional lability, unpleasant sensations in the heart and decreased mental capacity - sign up for a course of therapeutic massage neck and neck area;
- It requires psychological counseling and highly desirable to attend psychological training courses and emotional unloading. They increase your resistance to the effect of aggressive environmental factors and promote the formation of a stable psyche.