Hyperglycemia - a clinical symptom involving excessive or increased serum levels of sugar (glucose). At a rate of 3.3-5.5 mmol / L in the patient's blood sugar exceeded hyperglycemia 6-7 mmol / l.
When a significant increase in blood glucose level (to 16.5 mmol / l and more) is likely predkomatoznogo condition or even coma.
It is important to define the beginning of a sharp rise in blood sugar levels to take timely measures to reduce or stabilize, it is necessary to know the symptoms of hyperglycemia include:
- A sudden strong feeling of thirst;
- An insatiable hunger, increased appetite;
- Frequent urination;
- Blurred vision, the appearance before the eyes of the shroud and flies;
- Fatigue and constant fatigue;
- Debilitating headache, decreased concentration;
- Chills, sweating, dry skin, numbness of the lips;
- The smell of acetone breath;
- Unmotivated irritability.
The presence of one or more of these symptoms may be indicative of the approach of hyperglycemia. In very rare cases, hyperglycemia occurs without symptoms.
Hyperglycemia happens time and duration.
Causes of hyperglycemia may be temporary:
- Excessive consumption of carbohydrates;
- Pain syndromes, accompanied by a significant increase in the release into the blood thyroxine and adrenaline;
- Stress and emotional outbursts;
- Excessive release of hormones into the blood kontrinsulinovyh (glycogen, adrenaline);
- Adrenal hyperplasia (steroid diabetes);
- Hypovitaminosis vitamins C, B1;
- Abundant blood loss;
- Carbon monoxide poisoning.
The cause of hyperglycemia or long, so-called, stand, is a violation of the neuro-endocrine regulation of carbohydrate metabolism.
Help with hyperglycemia
Diabetes mellitus, and, as a consequence, and hyperglycemia, with incredible speed spread throughout the world, it is even called pandemic of the 21st century. That is why you must know how to properly and effectively assist in hyperglycemia. Thus, in the case of attack:
- To neutralize the acidity in the stomach to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables in large quantities to drink alkaline mineral water with sodium, calcium, but absolutely do not give a chlorine-containing mineral water. It helps dissolve 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda in a glass of water orally or enema;
- In order to bring the body of acetone, a solution of soda must be washed stomach;
- Constantly damp towel to wipe the skin, especially in the wrists, behind the knees, neck and forehead. Dehydrated and needs fluid replacement;
- Insulin-dependent patients should make measurements of sugar, and if the figure above 14 mmol / L, immediately get a shot of insulin and to drink plenty of liquids. Then, the measurement is carried out every two hours and do insulin injections to normalization of blood sugar.
After receiving first aid for hyperglycemia, whatever the outcome of the patient should go to the hospital, to make complex analyzes and personal appointments to receive treatment.
Most cases of treating hyperglycemia provides insulin injections to reduce the rate of sugar in the blood serum, the primary treatment of disease caused by hyperglycemia, such as diabetes, and general detoxification with infusion administration of carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins for aligning the acid-base balance.
If hyperglycemia is diagnosed in a patient for more than three consecutive days shall be made individual treatment, which includes not only medications and destination, but also recommendations on the treatment of rest and work, diet and diet.