Granuloma tooth - an inflammation of the tissues in the tooth root, which is a small suppurative node with a diameter of 5-8 mm. This source of infection, despite its small size, can cause complications beyond dentistry:
- Cyst tooth;
- Education fistulous;
- Inflammation of the gums;
- Mandibular osteomyelitis;
- Infective myocarditis;
- Violation of the kidney, heart and other vital organs;
- Total blood poisoning.
Such effects may occur, if the treatment of the tooth granuloma was not held in the initial stage of the disease, and gum tissue sprouted deep purulent sac.
Causes and symptoms of granuloma tooth
The emergence and development of granulomas teeth can be caused by several reasons:
- Injury - Damage jaws and soft tissues;
- Dental diseases - periodontitis, perikoronarit, pulpit;
- The negligence of doctors - incorrect treatment or removal of the nerves, the use of non-sterile instruments.
Provoke acute clinical manifestations of the tooth root granuloma may the following adverse factors:
- A sharp change in climatic conditions;
- Excessive exercise;
- Mental strain;
- Psycho-emotional shock.
Tooth granuloma is a localized inflammatory mass with thin walls. Granulation tissue grows rapidly because substitutes cells that die during the inflammatory process. The existence of granulomas may go unnoticed until a significant size.
Sometimes the disease is detected only by ortopantomogrammu or X-ray of the tooth to the dentist during treatment for other reasons, because the signs of tooth root granuloma may be missing. This is dangerous because a chronic asymptomatic disease can lead to jaw cysts. In this case, the necrotic mass and dead bacteria are accumulated in a dense capsule which is formed by the delimitation granuloma tooth from the surrounding tissue.
In the initial stage of inflammation likely minor manifestations in the form of swelling and redness of the gums, tooth darkening and pain. Subsequently, with the growth of the nodule, increased body temperature and enhanced toothache. From the infectious focus starts pus. Festering, usually accompanied by odontogenic periostitis (SAW).
Prevention and treatment of dental granuloma
Depending on the size of the inflamed site, the surrounding tissue condition and the presence of complications, granuloma tooth treated by various methods:
- Conservative. Granulomas filled cavity filling material, which is introduced through the root canal. The infection is eliminated with antibiotics;
- Surgically. Root apex resection, hemisection or tooth removal. If concomitant admaxillary developed an abscess, it opened and drained.
Preservation of the tooth is not possible if accompanied by granuloma complications such as a vertical crack and multiple root perforation, obstruction of the root canal and tooth decay expressed under which it can not recover.
Preventive measures consist primarily in the oral hygiene and regular visits to the dental office. It is necessary to seek medical attention at the first signs of granuloma or other tooth diseases of dental system, which can cause it.