Furuncle - painful necrotic boil, which is the result of inflammation of the hair follicles, sebaceous glands and surrounding connective tissue caused by pyogenic bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus).
Boil appears on the skin in the form of follicular pustules on a background of red with the rod boil erythema (necrosis) in the center, ranging in size from a pea to a walnut. After necrotic tissue rejection is performed, there is a healing with scarring. Often boils occur in areas with the hair on the thighs, chest, back, groin, skin, neck, buttocks, face, armpits and neck. Localization of boils on the face can cause purulent meningitis and septicemia. Large or multiple closely spaced boils called carbuncles. These formations are usually much more painful and deep, and their treatment may require the use of antibiotics, as there is chance to hit with inflammation in the blood.
The reasons boil
The cause of the boil is the penetration of bacteria (mainly Staphylococcus aureus) in the hair follicle. The main causes of pollution and the boils are microtrauma of the skin, increased sweating and sebum secretion, decreased activity of immunity, metabolic disorders and poor diet.
Symptoms and complications of boils
The symptoms of boils are painful, pus, redness, itching and swelling in his appearance. At untimely treatment of boils can spread to nearby parts of the body, give rise to acne phlebitis, septicemia, cavernous thrombosis, sepsis, abscess, cellulitis of the upper lip, meningitis and side slope nose.
Boils can avoid using personal hygiene and timely processing of micro traumas of the skin. Treatment begins with a boil antiseptic treatment of the skin around the inflammation. Then, with a clean ihtiola, UHF-therapy or dry heat treated formed a boil and reveal it. Next, remove the pus and necrotic tissue using a wet-drying dressings with hypertonic solution, after which the remaining ulcer bandage with antibacterial ointments. When boils in the nose, cheek and upper lip additionally active against staphylococci administered antibiotics, and in some cases designate autohaemotherapy.
Treatment for boils at home
The main rule for self-treatment of boils is personal hygiene, implying the need to wash hands with antibacterial soap before and after contact with the furuncle. To the affected area three times a day is necessary to apply an antibacterial agent and four times a day for 15 minutes - warm compresses. When should impose on the boil thick layer of dry gauze and bandage to do. In no event it is impossible to open a boil, and when it opened on their own, need to carefully remove the pus, after which the remaining hydrogen peroxide to treat the wound and apply a dry bandage.
Treatment boil folk remedies
There are several popular recipes used in the treatment of boils in the home, namely:
- Two raw egg yolks, a little flour, a tablespoon of honey and half a teaspoon of salt stir to form a dough-like clay. Prepare the masses in the form of compresses must be pressed Boils long until he will reveal;
- Rye bread liberally sprinkle with salt and chew on it for a long time to form a slurry. Prepare the masses to be imposed on the boil and bandage;
- A tablespoon of honey mixed with wheat flour and sculpt a cake that must be applied to ulcers, apply a gauze bandage and keep opening up;
- Dried marigold inflorescence grind into powder, then 10 grams of finished dry blend mixed with the same amount of petrolatum. The finished ointment is spread a thin layer on the surface of the inflamed and keep for 15-20 minutes;
- A piece of soap grate and mix with four grilled onions. The finished slurry applied to boils and apply a gauze bandage;
- Two tablespoons of buckthorn bark brittle, fennel fruit, leaves, warty birch, herb tricolor violet flowers of elderberry and one tablespoon of licorice roots bare mix. Then one tablespoon of the resulting mixture, pour a glass of boiling water and boil in water bath for 15 minutes. The finished liquid to cool, filter and drink half a cup three times a day.