Endometriosis is a disease of the female reproductive system, in which the mucosal tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus, called the endometrium, grows where it to be unusual.
The endometrium is a special kind of mucosal tissue. During the cycle it is increased in size, and then rejected and removed from the body. This process is called controlled by hormones and menstruation. The endometrium, located where he is not supposed to be, and is subject to the action of hormones. During the first phase of the cycle, it increases and then begins to bleed and try to cut off, so only the output tore the tissue in this case does not exist. Endometriosis causes outbreaks that location endometrial cyst formation and adhesions, and have a tendency to grow with each passing month. They violate the anatomical position of, and are one of the common causes of female infertility.
The cause of endometriosis
The main cause of endometriosis is the migration of endometrial cells where it is not supposed to be. For certain unknown mechanism causing such a migration, however, it found that there may be several reasons:
- Congenital abnormalities of the structure, including endometrium. Endometriosis develops in rare cases even in young girls before the onset of menses, and, very rarely, but it happens in men. These facts, and the fact that endometriosis is often accompanied by other abnormalities indicate that impairment may occur during fetal Bookmarks bodies;
- Mechanical entering endometrial cells in unusual places in the female genital tract injury. This happens when dilatation and curettage, gynecological surgery, abortion and manual investigation of the uterus after childbirth;
- Moxibustion cervical erosion.
In some cases, the exact cause of endometriosis is not possible.
Besides the above, act as predisposing factors without which the formation of endometriosis does not occur even in the presence of endometrial cells migrating. It may be disorders of the immune system, the endocrine (hormonal) disorders, as well as chronic diseases of the female reproductive system.
Types of endometriosis
In normal endometrium is exclusively on the inner surface of the uterus. Depending on where it is settled and sprouted migrating endometrial cells, to distinguish between different forms of endometriosis:
- Endometriosis. Lots of endometriosis are located on the organs of the reproductive system. In turn, divided into internal, when the endometrium grows into the deeper layers of the uterus (adenomyosis), and the outer, when endometriosis may be affected by the fallopian tubes, ovaries, cervix, vagina;
- Extragenital endometriosis. With this type of endometriosis his characteristic components may be located in any body which can be entered through the blood or lymph. The most frequent their location - the peritoneum, rectum, bladder, that is adjacent to the uterus authorities.
Symptoms of endometriosis
The most characteristic symptoms of endometriosis are fairly intense pain during menstruation, and sometimes, if the process has evolved significantly, pain during sexual intercourse. There is also a characteristic symptoms of endometriosis include the appearance of dark spotting before and after menstruation. However, the listed symptoms of endometriosis are not binding, and are more characteristic of endometriosis.
Extragenital endometriosis symptoms may be very far from gynecological diseases. As a rule, it is also in the foci of endometriosis pain, but as pockets in this case are not located in the reproductive organs, it could mislead the diagnosis. Nevertheless, in all cases the appearance of the symptoms of endometriosis, traced their dependence on the phase of the menstrual cycle. In the second phase, at least close to menstruation, the symptoms of endometriosis is increasing, as there is a growth of the endometrium. In the first phase symptoms of endometriosis is minimal. During the cessation of menstruation due to pregnancy or lactation, the symptoms of endometriosis may disappear, and resumed their appearance.
In a significant percentage of cases of endometriosis symptoms are absent. In this case, it is usually detected late, the first draws attention and has developed cystic adhesions. Most often, this "silent" type of endometriosis is found during examination for infertility.
Diagnosis of endometriosis
Diagnosis of endometriosis can present significant challenges, especially in the case of extragenital location. Perform the following diagnostic procedures:
- Gynecological examination;
- A blood test (usually show signs of anemia);
- Hysteroscopy - endoscopic examination of the uterus;
- Hysterosalpingography - X-ray examination of the uterus and fallopian tubes using a radiopaque substance;
- Laparoscopy Endoscopy abdominal cavity to detect extragenital endometriosis;
- MRI, or magnetic resonance imaging, which can be used to detect both genital and extragenital endometriosis.
Treatment of endometriosis
Treatment of endometriosis depends on the stage of the process, the location and magnitude of the hearth. Taking all these factors assigned medical or surgical treatment of endometriosis, or a combination thereof.
Drug treatment of endometriosis is the use of hormonal drugs, anti-inflammatory therapy, taking absorbable funds, as well as carrying out restorative and immunostimulatory activities. If there are signs of anemia, also nominated substances that contribute to its elimination.
If drug therapy is unsuccessful and if endometriosis contributes to significant blood loss with the development of severe anemia, as well as in case of complications of endometriosis, namely, cysts and adhesions, disrupts the normal activities of the bodies, taking the surgical treatment of endometriosis. As a rule, it is carried out laparoscopically, and consists in the elimination of any tumors, restoration of normal anatomic position of, and removal of endometriosis.
People's treatment of endometriosis
People's treatment of endometriosis is used in herbal medicine as a tonic, anti-inflammatory, styptic. These herbs include St. John's wort, chamomile, sweet flag, thyme (anti-inflammatory), nettle, water pepper (hemostatic), aloe vera, echinacea (restorative).
Also, as the People's treatment of endometriosis used honey and bee products, is an excellent natural immune stimulator.
However, national endometriosis treatment should only be done under medical supervision.