Dermatofibroma is a benign skin small. Dermatofibroma can appear anywhere on the body, but the most common are the shoulders, upper back, feet and ankles. Most can be found in adult education, children - much less. Education can be gray, pink, brown or red, sometimes with time it will change color. It feels solid and reminds Dermatofibroma hardened lump under the skin. Skin growths mainly formed by fibrous tissue fibrous and contains histiocytes and fibroblasts. If dermatofibromu squeeze the sides, then on the surface appears small pit. Dermatofibromu also called sclerosing hemangioma or fibrous histiocytoma.
As a rule, dermatofibromas not cause significant inconvenience. They are virtually painless, but some people can cause itching and mild pain. The most frequently seen sporadic dermatofibromas, but some patients can meet and multiple. Education is rarely more than one centimeter in diameter.
It used to be that Dermatofibroma is a reaction to the bites of various insects or injury, but this version is not widespread. The exact cause of dermatofibroma is unknown. This can be partly explained by the nature of the disease resistant. First, education resembles a tight knot the size of a small pea. Over time this dermatofibroma, its color and density change slightly.
Doctors allocate such dermatofibromas likely causes:
- The sexual predisposition. Women are more susceptible than men.
- Damage to the skin. Dermatofibroma may arise as a result of an insect bite, thorn prick, etc.
- Hereditary factor. The cause of the disease is often a family hereditary factor.
- Age. The most common Dermatofibroma formed in middle age. In children, the disease is rare.
The most common symptoms of dermatofibroma are as follows:
- sealing occurs on the skin surface, which may bleed when damaged;
- neoplasms most often on the legs in the area below the knee, but may appear on the arms and torso;
- when pressed Dermatofibroma flexes inward;
- dermatofibroma color differs substantially from the normal skin tone;
- people with dark skin education, usually has a darker shade;
- Sometimes when you touch the neoplastic pain may occur and itching.
Please be aware that very often dermatofibrosarcoma (a type of skin cancer) in the first stage is similar to the symptoms of dermatofibroma. Therefore, it is important not to waste time, and at the manifestation of the first symptoms to see a doctor. Especially pay attention to when education is rapidly increasing in size, changes color or shape, it causes severe pain or bleeding.
A doctor can typically diagnose dermatofibromu after visual examination of the patient. If the build-up on the skin does not bleed and is not visually similar to dermatofibromu, the doctor may do a biopsy. To do this, the doctor will remove a small piece of Education and carefully examine it under a microscope. With biopsy can diagnose various diseases, including cancer. Before the patient undergoes a biopsy of local anesthesia.
In itself, the disease is not passed, and without proper treatment Dermatofibroma remains with the patient throughout his life. If education is in too conspicuous places or the patient constantly hurt them (in the process of dressing or in the commission of other actions), it is preferable to delete dermatofibromas. It is also best to choose delete dermatofibromas if it causes patient discomfort, pain and itching.
Since dermatofibromas located deep under the skin, to remove them make cuts in the deep layers of the skin. After removing dermatofibrom often remain quite noticeable scars. If the procedure goes well, the patient is allowed to go home the same day. Complications develop extremely rare and they are connected, as a rule, not a disease itself, but with the poor quality of the procedure.
An alternative treatment dermatofibromas is cutting its upper part. But more often, after such treatment, it increased again at a rate of a few years later.
After removing the scar on dermatofibromas while still very prominent, often causes itching. Over time, it is smoothed and becomes paler. Today, there are many cosmetic procedures that allow you to make the scar less noticeable. However, be aware that these procedures can take place only after a certain time after treatment dermatofibromas. For the treatment of scars, you can select one of the following methods:
- laser treatment by means of which it is possible to effectively eliminate redness;
- steroid injections into the scar;
- special silicone gel that helps to smooth the edges of the scar;
- for very large scars can resort to surgery.