A cyst is an inflammation of the tooth cavity filled cystic fluid sheathed laminate
squamous epithelium and connective tissue, which produces liquid and the like "balloons" inside the cavity, contributing to its growth. In most cyst tooth formed at its root, however, places its localization may include the area under the root of a tooth or around it. The most common of these are the cyst front tooth, tooth cyst in the maxillary sinus cyst wisdom tooth.
Tooth brush diameter can range from 5 mm to several centimeters. Education size of less than 5 mm experts called granuloma.
Causes of cysts tooth
There cyst tooth root when the body tries to cope with the entry into the root canal of a tooth infection. At the same time the infected cells die, and the dead zone occurs around the capsule - a dense shell, insulation damaged cells from healthy tissue. In some cases, the cause of the disease can become infectious diseases (eg, sinusitis), in which the pathogenic microflora is stored inside the gingival blood flow. There is also a reason for the appearance of the tooth cysts include:
- Launched caries;
- Improper root canal treatment;
- Mechanical trauma;
- Poorly fitted dental crown, as a result of her exposure to the food residues.
Depending on the cause of the disease following types of dental cysts:
- Radicular (cyst tooth root). It develops, usually in chronic periodontitis;
- Follicular (zubosoderzhaschaya) Brush teeth arises as a result of infection impacted tooth germ;
- Keratokista or primary cyst formed from the remnants of fabric zuboobrazovatelnoy in violation of its development;
- Retromolar cyst (paradental). It appears due to chronic inflammation as a result of the complicated eruption of wisdom teeth;
- Residual cyst or root of the tooth, which has been preserved in the bone after its removal;
- Cyst eruption. In children 7-10 years old in the eruption of permanent teeth.
Symptoms cyst tooth
Intrigue of the disease lies in its slow but inexorable rise in the absence of any symptoms. Attentive people in the early stages of the disease may notice only a slight darkening of the tooth or displacement.
Cyst tooth may not manifest itself for a long time, destroying the roots of the teeth and jaw tissue - up until it reaches the large sizes. When the cavity becomes a size of 3 cm, begin to show the first symptoms of the cyst tooth: malaise, headache, swollen lymph nodes, fever, pain in the tooth cysts bite of food, edema.
A later stage of the disease is manifested in the form of a tumor of the parts of the face on which the cyst tooth - it becomes asymmetric, there is a nagging, unpleasant pain. Aggravation leads to purulent processes in the bone tissue - odontogenic periostitis or flux.
absence of appropriate treatment and disease will spread to "neighbors", which ultimately leads to loss of the infected tooth. If the cyst tooth hurts, aches, accompanied by a headache, do not delay visit to the doctor: cysts early treatment to avoid complications of the tooth.
Complications cyst tooth
Despite the fact that the disease initial task - to protect the body against infection, launched cyst tooth can lead to the following undesirable consequences:
- Inflammation of the jaw bone (osteomyelitis);
- Tooth loss;
- Phlegmon face or neck (acute purulent inflammation of soft tissues without clearly defined boundaries);
- General blood poisoning (sepsis);
- Benign tumors;
Treatment of dental cysts
Modern dentists are promoting a treatment that is intended to save the tooth with gentle techniques. Depending on the stage of the disease the treatment of cysts of the tooth can be done in two ways:
In therapeutic treatment of the root canal is washed medicines and cemented. This treatment is used if the size of the cyst tooth does not exceed 8 mm.
The surgical method of treatment is accompanied by a removal of the cyst tooth or the excision of its membranes (resection). The tooth is preserved and removed through an incision in the gum hit the top of the roots are replaced with artificial materials. After surgery to remove a cyst tooth patients received antibiotics.
In some cases, treatment of the disease requires the removal of cysts with tooth itself. Most often, the need arises during the later stages of the disease or localization of cysts on the wisdom tooth.