Stomatitis - a disease of the oral mucosa. To date, scientists have not reached a consensus about what specifically related mechanism of occurrence of various forms of stomatitis. According to one common version it is believed that thrush - is a kind of immune system response to various stimuli molecule that it can not recognize.
In addition, one of the causes canker sores comprise some local factors:
- dental disease;
- lack of oral hygiene,
- dental plaque,
- for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, colitis, etc.).
Aphthous stomatitis, usually accompanied by a painful swelling of the mucous membrane of the mouth, which is covered with a touch of yellow or white. There hypersalivation (hypersalivation), bad breath, and in some cases, bleeding gums.
Mouth disease - a chronic disease of the oral mucosa. It is characterized by the appearance of multiple or single AFL. Form aphthae, usually round or oval boundaries with characteristic red border bloom and gray-yellow color in the center of the sprue.
AFTA - slight ulceration of the mucosal surface, most of the oral cavity. Aphthae may develop as an independent disease (in children), or else as a complication of acute gastrointestinal or infectious diseases (influenza, foot and mouth disease, etc.)
Characteristic symptoms of canker sores
Aphthous stomatitis arising in the oral cavity, followed by:
- excessive salivation;
- swelling and redness of the mucous membrane, can be seen clearly identify a limited sores (individual, group and combined into pockets). Localization aphthae may be located in the sky, the walls of the pharynx, tongue, gums, lips, cheeks, on the inner surface;
- difficulty chewing and speech because there are painful sensations;
- inflammation of the submandibular lymph nodes with the overall increase in body temperature
- sleepiness occurring irritability, loss of appetite;
- fever, vomiting after meals and constipation (acute aphthous stomatitis)
Etiology (cause) aphthous stomatitis
As mentioned above, there is no single concept of defining the mechanisms that cause thrush. But as a result of systematic observations and research, the most typical causes of the disease. These include:
- infectious agents - bacteria and viruses;
- not systematic and inefficient oral hygiene;
- thermal (burns hot food) or mechanical (impacts, scratches) damage to the mucous membranes of the mouth;
- performed poorly or incorrectly installed dentures, resulting in damage to the mucosa in the area of the prosthesis;
- hormonal fluctuations in the body occurring during puberty or pregnancy;
- the presence of malignant tumors in the neck or the nasopharynx;
- reaction to chemotherapy treatments carried out;
- seasonal vitamin deficiency or shortage in the body of useful trace elements (iron);
- severe dehydration or blood loss happens because of injuries, diarrhea, vomiting, prolonged high body temperature, lack of water intake or excessive urination;
- use of drugs that reduce saliva flow;
- bad habits as smoking and alcohol abuse
Given the fact that the child's body is more susceptible to infections and thrush - a contagious disease, a common reason aphthous stomatitis in children can be added the tendency of some children to allergies, kidney disease, blood, metabolic disorders, poor nutrition. The important role played by the presence in the child's life stress.
Diagnosis of canker sores
To identify the canker does not yet exist any special tests. As a rule, first studied the overall health of the patient. The main symptom of the disease are symptoms of ulcers, and takes into account the fact that the aphthous stomatitis treatment is prescribed by a doctor, can occur in a latent form.
Aphthous stomatitis in children
Aphthous stomatitis in children has the same etiology and symptomatology that in adults. The only difference is that it occurs more often in children under the age of 4 years. Because of the reduced immunological reactivity in children may be a chronic mouth disease, which is characterized by periodic exacerbations. The most common cause that causes recurrent aphthous stomatitis, are the complications of infectious diseases (tonsillitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis), as well as climate change and others.
Chronic recurrent aphthous stomatitis has two clinical forms of the disease - light and heavy, so-called aphthosis Setton (deep scars sprue).
Aphthous stomatitis - treatment and prevention
When the first symptoms of canker sores is urgently needed access to a doctor. For children called local pediatrician, and adults need to contact your dentist or physician.
Although there are traditional treatments, canker sores herbs, but more appropriately classified as preventive measures for chronic thrush. In any case, inspection and advice of a doctor is needed.
Treatment of canker sores therapy involves antiviral and antifungal drugs. When the treatment is practiced light diet and frequent rinsing of the mouth, as an antiseptic, and a decoction of herbs - chamomile or calendula.