Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome is also called "yuppie syndrome", "manager syndrome" and "Divan plague" - a disease that has been allocated in a separate form only in 1988, but has now reached epidemic proportions adopted, cover a large part of the population of large cities
. Some doctors tend to think of chronic fatigue syndrome is not an independent disease, and borderline state between health and disease
. Most concurs that as chronic fatigue syndrome can last for several years, showing signs of constancy itself, it is still not a borderline status as a disease requiring adequate therapy
. From chronic fatigue syndrome do not die or become disabled, but the people greatly reduced quality of life, and in advanced cases can occur complete loss of ability to work
. Suffering from this disease is the most active and productive part of the population, women more often than men
Causes of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
It is now believed that the main cause of chronic fatigue syndrome is very unhealthy for the human modern lifestyle, especially far from the natural inhabitants of cities. City dwellers suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome is ten times more likely than rural residents who have this disease is extremely rare, literally in a few cases. People engaged in physical labor, chronic fatigue syndrome also develops much less likely than people whose work is not related to physical activity. Analysing the lifestyle of patients, doctors removed highlight the following causes of chronic fatigue syndrome:
- Physical inactivity. Due to the reduction in exercise times, compared with normal suffers not only osteo-muscular system. Negative effect on the cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive system and the metabolism of the whole.
- Unbalanced diet and hyperphagia. In nature, all living things obtain their food difficult, and necessary to sustain life quantities. Modern people have unlimited access to food, and food products in their composition are far from normal. This refined, poor nutrients, but rich in calories and artificial chemicals, food. Even large amounts of these foods can not supply the body, and often the symptoms of hyperphagia (overeating) hidden hunger as vital substances has not been sufficient.
- Increased emotional and mental stress. Modern urban dwellers, especially the prosperous part of them, most of the time under stress, without resting and relaxing for a long time, sometimes weeks or even months. Gradually, this leads to the depletion of compensatory mechanisms.
The symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome
In chronic fatigue syndrome, there are many symptoms. This disease can masquerade as migraine, pharyngitis, arthritis and many others, so it is difficult to diagnosis. There are major (large) and secondary (small) symptoms of chronic fatigue.
For more symptoms of chronic fatigue are two: the fatigue that has no particular reason, for a long time that does not pass even after prolonged rest; and decreased motor activity mode by more than half.
For small symptoms include:
- Ailments of unknown etiology, similar to influenza, feeling of weakness,
- inability to concentrate,
- general discomfort,
- a sore throat,
- anxiety, zagnannosti
- chest pain that is not related to heart disease,
- digestive disorders (irritable bowel syndrome or chronic constipation)
- disruption of blood pressure,
- exposure to infectious diseases,
- sleep disorders.
Most of the patients can hear such a description of chronic fatigue syndrome, "I have no pain, and pain all at once. I'm tired, and I feel bad. " A characteristic symptom of chronic fatigue syndrome is that even after sleeping man restores power, and feels tired early in the day. It does not help and leave, during which symptoms may soften a little, but did not disappear completely.
Diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome disease extremely difficult multiplicity of symptoms and lack of pronounced any group. The disease is diagnosed on the basis of available clinical, if one of the large and small for more than six symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Mainly in the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome is not drug therapy, although it is also applied, and lifestyle changes. Without this, any medication will only a temporary effect, and sooner or later the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome would return again.
Advice on lifestyle changes for patients with chronic fatigue syndrome are as follows:
- normalization of the regime of the day, with plenty of rest, at least 8 hours of sleep;
- individually tailored physical activity, preferably daily, but not excessive. For example, long walks;
- Power normalization. A diet based on energy consumption, with a predominance of fresh fruits and vegetables, complex carbohydrates and dairy products. Waiver of fatty, fried, smoked food, fast food and sweets;
- learning relaxing techniques and their application in everyday life.
A good effect in the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome gives a course of acupuncture helps relieve nervous and muscular tension, with the same purpose, the physiotherapy, especially hydrotherapy, ozone therapy and therapeutic massage by one or more courses. If necessary, the patient is assigned to counseling therapist.
From medication used immunocorrectors as chronic fatigue syndrome is marked persistent low immunity, and vitamin therapy as a fortifying agent. Also used symptomatic treatment, depending on the symptoms of the disease: pain reliever for headaches and muscle pains, cough means a mild laxative, etc. Perhaps the use of sedatives (tranquilizers) funds, but in the short term as they can be addictive, in addition, reduce the already reduced chronic fatigue syndrome ability to concentrate. Appointment of hypnotics is not recommended, but also allowed for a short time, as they quickly addictive and do not contribute to the development of normal activity and rest.