General characteristics of the disease
Chronic bronchitis - an inflammatory disease of the bronchial tubes, which is accompanied by sputum and persistent cough for 2 years or more. Pulmonologists offer to divide chronic bronchitis, symptoms of which occur in 3-8% of the adult population in the two forms - primary and secondary. When the primary form of the patient has diffuse lesion of the bronchial tree, is not associated with other inflammatory processes in the human body. The secondary form is caused by chronic diseases of the lungs, nose, sinuses, chronic renal insufficiency, severe heart disease and some other diseases.
Chronic bronchitis - symptoms and the clinical picture of the disease
The air enters the lungs of a healthy person, almost sterile because it is cleansed of all harmful impurities by filtering ability of the nose, mikroresnichek, carpeted bronchial mucosa and cough reflex. Nevertheless, in some cases, the bacteria still get into the body, bypassing all protective barriers. At the same time they cause damage, which are accompanied by inflammation, cough and enhanced production of mucus.
If pathogenic factors act on the body for a long period of time, then the person has chronic bronchitis. Treatment is aimed at eliminating the causes of disease, as the most frequently are: tobacco smoke, dust and air pollution in the workplace, any bacterial infection. The disease develops slowly, but covers the entire surface of the walls of the bronchial tubes, causing narrowing and other irreversible deformation.
In the absence of timely and appropriate treatment, the disease progresses and eventually becomes chronic obstructive bronchitis. It is based on long-term irritation of the bronchial tree, and as a result, a malfunction in the ventilation of the lungs.
Symptoms of chronic bronchitis:
- persistent cough for 2 or more consecutive years. It is accompanied by copious expectoration, and is amplified in the morning;
- feeling of weakness, tiredness, rawness in the chest;
- shortness of breath, wheezing, dry;
- shortness of breath, fatigue during exercise.
Exacerbation of chronic bronchitis leads to deterioration of the patient's condition. The man is enhanced cough, difficulty breathing, pain occurs in the chest and abdomen. The sputum becomes purulent or muco-purulent.
Chronic obstructive bronchitis accompanied by bronchospasm (wheezing when breathing) and severe shortness of breath. Patients growing symptomatic polycythemia, cyanosis appears bronchial mucosa. When X-ray revealed a moderate expansion of the roots of the lungs and increased transparency of the lung fields.
Chronic bronchitis - treatment of the disease
About what is good popular treatment of chronic bronchitis, we describe below, but for now will focus on standard medical practices. In general, the deliverance of man from bronchitis reduced to the normalization of respiratory function and the reduction of exposure to risk factors. In particular, physicians should take steps to reduce the secretion to take care of sputum discharge, assign adequate antibiotic therapy.
It is also necessary to observe certain rules by which the disease and all its forms, for example, chronic obstructive bronchitis are treated as soon as possible and no longer delivered to the patient any discomfort. Among the main rules we would like to note the following points:
- serious attitude to the disease and the understanding that it can lead to very serious consequences;
- therapy should take into account the individual characteristics of the organism from which it depends on the volume and intensity;
- Treatment is carried out in the complex, since the individual events will not bring significant relief of the patient;
- national treatment of chronic bronchitis should first discuss with your doctor.
With regard to drugs. Chronic bronchitis treatment which involves the use of a variety of drugs - it is mainly conducting complex activities. The basis symptomatic treatment are bronchodilators that reduce the severity of symptoms and unpleasant applied preventively. AECB requires inhalation therapy using nebulisers and that increase the delivery of drugs to the respiratory tract and their effectiveness. Because of the pharmacokinetics as inhalers are commonly used M-anticholinergics.
If the patient has chronic obstructive bronchitis, the physicians usually anticholinergics used, the effect of which is associated with the stimulation of muscarinic receptors. The most widely used Atrovent (ipratropium bromide), which is due to its high efficiency and safety for the human body. Anticholinergic drugs are able to deal with other complications that accompany chronic bronchitis. Treatment of patients will improve performance, relieve constant fatigue, normalizes sleep, and improve the quality of life of the patient.
Chronic bronchitis - folk remedies and recipes
Just want to note that chronic bronchitis, symptoms of which occur mainly in older people, can and should be treated with folk remedies, but it is necessary to coordinate all activities with your doctor and follow its recommendations. So you reduce the risk of complications and achieve more good results in the shortest possible time.
We will not consider all the recipes you can use to treat chronic bronchitis (folk remedies are extremely diverse), and give only the most common ones.
- Pour 400 g of sugar, 500 g of crushed bulbs and 50 g honey. Add the resulting mixture to 1 liter of water and boil for 3 hours. Take a decoction should be once a day and 1 tablespoon;
- 1 cup mashed bulbs filled? cup of vinegar. After that, the bow is rubbed through several layers of gauze and thoroughly mixed with 1 cup of honey until smooth. Drink tool should be one teaspoon every 30-40 minutes;
- Mix 30 g of plantain leaves and roots of licorice, add 20 g of grass violet tricolor and leaves mother and stepmother, pour a mixture of boiled water and heated in a water bath for 15 minutes. The resulting broth is necessary to cool and drain. Dosage - 3 times a day for 1 / 3-1 / 4 cup;
- Doctors recommend that people diagnosed with chronic bronchitis, daily drink 30-40 drops of tincture of yarrow (30 g herb to 100 ml of alcohol), or the juice of this plant (4 times a day for 2 tablespoons);
- dry cough can be facilitated by the tea from the flowers of buckwheat.