Brief description of the disease
Atherosclerosis is a chronic vascular pathology, accompanied by the formation of plaques, which greatly narrows the lumen of blood vessels and lead to deformation of their walls. Currently artery atherosclerosis - is one of the most common causes of circulatory disorders and as a result, internal organ.
The appearance of plaques caused by the accumulation of fat in the walls of blood vessels and subsequent germination of the connective tissue. As a rule, there are plaques in major arteries, but they absolutely affect all systems of the body, because our body is unable to function normally without the proper blood flow. The reasons for which a person has manifested atherosclerosis or cerebral vascular disease of the lower extremities - are very diverse. Conventionally, all triggers can be divided into two large groups - mutable and immutable. The latter include the reasons considered inevitable:
- the person's gender - women atherosclerosis brain manifested by an average of 10 years later than that of boys. Thus men suffer from vascular deformation is about 4 times more often. Balance incidence leveled just by 50 years. At this age, cerebral atherosclerosis is diagnosed with equal frequency in men and women, due to hormonal changes weighty in the female body;
- age - the older the person, the greater the risk that it will have atherosclerosis extremities or brain;
- Genetic predisposition - under the age of 50 years suffer from the narrowing of blood vessels is mainly those people whose relatives have already had atherosclerosis of the lower limbs or other forms of pathology. In this case, the deformation of vessels is more intensive and painful.
With variable causes the appearance of atherosclerosis can and must be fought. The main tools here are medications and lifestyle changes. As for the reasons, we give the most important of them:
- smoking - no doubt, nicotine increases the risk of abnormalities of the cardiovascular system, which include atherosclerosis of the lower extremities. It is proved that smoking contributes to the appearance of coronary heart disease, hyperlipidemia, hypertension and many other diseases. By virtue of its features smoke has the strongest impact was on the blood vessels and, therefore, on the whole body;
- obesity - excessive body weight and body fat on the vessel walls - is an increased risk of atherosclerosis is not only, but also in many other diseases, particularly diabetes and hypertension;
- violation of fat metabolism (dyslipidemia);
- poor diet - if a person eats mostly products of animal origin, for 40-50 years he necessarily manifest atherosclerosis of the arteries;
- a sedentary lifestyle, which leads to an imbalance of fats and carbohydrates;
- various infections, such as chlamydia or cytomegalovirus, also increase the risk of atherosclerosis of the brain.
As mentioned above, with variable factors can be controlled. This is necessary both for preventing arteriosclerosis and for the prevention of other diseases of the cardiovascular system. The sooner you give up bad habits and an unhealthy lifestyle, the better, because any disease is easier to prevent than to treat. Engage in physical activity: a gentle stroll through the park, fitness, exercise bikes to help significantly reduce the risk of disease.
The forms of atherosclerosis
Blood vessels are all areas of the human body. Consequently, lesions can occur anywhere. Depending on localization, isolated cerebral arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis of the extremities.
- atherosclerosis of the lower limbs - it's one of the most common pathologies of the circulatory system. It manifests itself in the form of circulatory disorders and trophic changes in the tissues of limbs that often provokes the development of gangrene;
- atherosclerosis brain - in this case, affects the blood vessels supplying the brain. As a result of pathological changes significantly increased risk of stroke and intracranial hemorrhage. In addition, cerebral atherosclerosis leads to movement disorders, visual disturbances, sensitivity and hearing loss, restless sleep and emotional breakdown.
Regardless of the form of the disease, the treatment of atherosclerosis must begin as soon as possible. At the first sign of adverse, you should immediately consult a doctor who will deliver an accurate diagnosis and plan long-term, comprehensive treatment.
Atherosclerosis - Symptoms and clinical picture
Symptoms of the disease are very diverse and depend on the localization of pathology, and the degree of its development. In some cases, atherosclerosis affects several arteries, which also affects the intensity and extent of symptoms. As for the main symptoms of the disease, it should first be noted symptoms such as:
- prolonged pain at the site of vascular lesion, which tends to wax and wane depending on the load and the time of day;
- abdominal pain, disruption of the digestive tract in the case of atherosclerosis of the abdominal aorta;
- memory loss, dizziness, reduced mental disability, the occurrence of paresis and paralysis when the brain is developing atherosclerosis;
- increased frequency of angina attacks, signs of an impending heart attack in atherosclerosis of the arteries of the heart.
Regardless of the place of the pathological process in patients diagnosed with atherosclerosis, lipid metabolism is observed, the increase in the amount of cholesterol and lipoproteins in the blood.