Amenorrhea translated from Latin means no monthly bleeding, ie menstruation. Amenorrhea is not an independent disease, a syndrome characteristic of many diseases, not just female genitalia, but also some of the common. In addition, amenorrhea is physiological, that is normal for that period of life of women. Such is the age amenorrhea (the girls prepubertal age and women who have reached menopause), amenorrhea during pregnancy and lactation amenorrhea.
Causes of amenorrhea
The onset of menstruation is regulated by neurohumoral mechanisms that ensure the work of the brain, nervous system and hormones. Failure at any stage of the machine may cause amenorrhea. Also cause amenorrhea may be physiological processes in the body of the woman, not the rejection. Another group of causes of amenorrhea - variations in anatomy, which can be congenital or acquired.
All causes amenorrhea separated into primary and secondary.
Primary amenorrhea is a condition where menstruation did not appear at all. Secondary amenorrhea - a condition where the existing menstruation for one reason or another stopped.
Primary amenorrhea can be caused by the following reasons:
- Anatomical causes of amenorrhea. Delayed development of the reproductive system, as well as anomalies in the structure of the external genitalia (this includes cryptomenorrhea when spotting form, but do not go out because of the overgrown in the hymen or vagina);
- Hereditary or genetic causes of amenorrhea. The group attributed the anomaly structure of internal genital organs as a result of hereditary diseases (Turner syndrome, Kallmann's syndrome, testicular feminization syndrome, etc.) Or other violations occurring during fetal development;
- Physiological causes of amenorrhea. Physiological primary amenorrhea is normal before puberty.
Secondary amenorrhea can be caused by the following factors:
- Zmotsionalno-psychological causes of amenorrhea;
- Physical overload. Heavy physical work, excessive passion for sports can cause amenorrhea;
- Pituitary insufficiency, usually caused by a tumor in the pituitary gland process;
- Chronic inflammatory diseases of the uterus (chronic adnexitis);
- Polycystic ovaries;
- Rebirth of normal ovarian tissue into scar-fibrous structure as a result of suffering adnexitis;
- Tumors of the ovaries and fallopian tubes;
- Endocrine diseases;
- Disorders of fat metabolism: obesity, or vice versa, the critical reduction of adipose tissue necessary for normal metabolism of estrogen;
The diagnosis of pathological amenorrhea is placed on the ground of absence of menstruation after the age of sixteen (primary amenorrhea) or as a result of cessation of menses for more than six months (secondary amenorrhea).
Diagnostic events are held in order to clarify the reasons for rejection, and depending on the form (primary amenorrhea or secondary amenorrhea) have some differences.
In primary amenorrhea must perform karyotyping - genetic diagnosis, which consists in the study of chromosomes. Collect family history, with the aim of identifying possible hereditary predisposition. Also used a pelvic ultrasound, gynecological examination, determination of hormonal status in dynamics. Depending on the detected deviations can be assigned to certain additional studies.
Diagnosis of secondary amenorrhea includes a pelvic exam, ultrasound, including intravaginal ultrasound, blood, urine, vaginal secretions bacterial seeding, hormonal diagnosis, the study of the immune system, endoscopic examination of the internal reproductive organs. If you suspect a tumor process is carried out CT (computed tomography) or MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).
Treatment of amenorrhea
Treatment of amenorrhea is to eliminate reasons that caused its appearance. The general scheme of the treatment of amenorrhea is as follows:
- When amenorrhea, which was the cause of hormone deficiency, eliminate the cause of failure, and if this is not possible, shall adjust the hormone deficiency using hormone replacement therapy;
- Treatment amenorrhea induced inflammatory gynecological diseases consists in applying anti-inflammatory therapy, sometimes there is a need for surgery (removal of adhesions, restoration of the Fallopian tubes, etc.);
- Treatment of amenorrhea due to psycho-emotional problems, is to correct the neurological status: appointed mild sedatives, relaxation techniques are trained, it is indispensable to the normalization regime of rest and activity, sometimes need to change jobs;
In addition, the most important condition for the successful treatment of amenorrhea in any form, is to normalize the way of life in general. It is necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle with adequate, but not excessive physical activity and proper nutrition.
Treatment of amenorrhea folk remedies
Treatment of amenorrhea folk remedies can be effective only if the amenorrhea is caused by inflammation or psycho-emotional reasons. In all other cases, the correction can be performed only by qualified medical intervention.
In order to eliminate the causes of inflammatory amenorrhea, folk remedies typically medicinal herbs in the form of decoctions and infusions, or applied topically as trays and douches or in the form of teas for an overall body strengthening. As an anti-inflammatory drug used decoctions and infusions calamus, eucalyptus, series, celandine, St. John's wort, a mother and stepmother, sage, chamomile and other herbs. As bracing - aloe juice, St. John's wort, nard, rue fragrant. Also, as a general tonic and immunostimulant folk remedy for amenorrhea using honey and other bee products: pollen, royal jelly of bees.
In the presence of psycho-emotional causes of amenorrhea, folk remedies used as a mild sedative. This tincture or tea from Leonurus, yarrow, valerian, peppermint, lemon balm, valerian, hops.
Before you treat amenorrhea folk remedies, it is necessary to consult a doctor and be diagnosed and ensure no allergic reaction to the means employed.