Injuries of teeth
Trauma medical treatment - a violation of the integrity of the bone or muscle tissue. Injuries teeth are classified into acute and chronic. They are observed in people at different ages, but, of course, most of these violations are children. This fact is explained by the fact that childhood - the most active period in the life of man. At the same time, the children have not yet developed the instinct of self-preservation and soft bone structure. Injuries of teeth in children is most often seen at the age of 1-3 years (most typical dislocation of the tooth) and dentition (ages 7-12 years).
Injuries teeth are divided into:
- Chronic tooth trauma (most often associated with professional activity). These results in production work with a high content of acids and alkalis, as well as bad habits of people (holding in his mouth a mouthpiece, a tube or a pencil, snacking thread, etc.) Chronic tooth trauma characterized by the formation of defects (Uzury), erasing rezhuzhego edge erosion.
- Acute injuries of teeth. Acute injuries of teeth in 30-40% of cases are the cause of the destruction or total loss of the front teeth in children. Causes of acute injury of the teeth in children are as varied as all that a child is involved. These can be games, sports activities, a pampering at the school. Lead to acute trauma teeth of adults and children and a drop of hard objects or surfaces, bumps, injury solid parts of objects, etc.
The classification of dental injuries
- Injuries teeth - mechanical effects on the tooth that do not lead to a violation of its integrity. It may be accompanied by hemorrhage in the pulp due to rupture of the neurovascular bundle. The original complaint to the minor child's pain when biting. If the diagnosis reveals pain when tapped (percussion), the mobility of the injured tooth, usually small.
Treatment includes anti-inflammatory treatments, with the exception of the injured tooth occlusion (bite), sparing diet and rest
- Dislocation of the tooth (traumatic dystopia) - characterized by a shift of the tooth with respect to the wells. This is due to the stretching or tearing of periodontal and tooth root damage the walls of the well. Injured tooth can change its position: in the direction of the adjacent teeth in the oral cavity side, rotatable about the longitudinal axis, immersed in the bone
Treatment of dental trauma in the form of "dislocation" is traditionally made splinting, staples or bus Kappa for fixing the injured tooth to the surrounding 2 - with 3 teeth. Further treatment assigned physician depending on the degree of injury of the tooth. Mandatory anti-inflammatory therapy.
Injuries of teeth in children in the form of dislocation often occur in the upper jaw in the area of accommodation and incisors accompanied by severe pain. In case of complaints of pain must be urgent appeal to the dentist.
- Tooth loss is due to the rupture of periodontal tissue, circular ligaments. It is characterized, of course, the absence of the injured tooth, soft tissue swelling, bleeding.
For the treatment of this injury teeth, depending on many factors (which the tooth is lost (milk or permanent), what are the implications for the soft tissues, bones, and wells) doctor prescribes treatment, which includes a mandatory anti-inflammatory therapy and hygiene. Later, perhaps lost a tooth prosthesis.
- Fracture of tooth crown in - characterized broken off tooth enamel, crowns broken off within the dentin or break off the entire crown.
If you break off the crown in the dentin or enamel broke off a complaint from a child can enroll only for visible defects, since this type of trauma of teeth in children is not accompanied by pain. If there is a fracture of the tooth dentine in the region or the entire crown if it is accompanied by pain when changing the temperature (cold or hot intake of food), and thus the child complained of pain, discomfort (sharp edge which is scratching his cheek or tongue).
Methods of treatment of the injured teeth appoints dentist after determining the degree of severity of the injury and the possible consequences. This may be as grinding sharp edges, and the use of filling materials. Until the removal of the damaged part and installation of the prosthesis. That is the decision of the doctor depends on the consequences of the trauma of the tooth.
Treatment of dental trauma in children and adults can take from several days to several months. In some cases, treatment is extended for one - two years. It all depends on the severity and time of visit to a doctor after an injury of the teeth.
The main task of the parents is a systematic tracking of the status of the teeth of the child. Children can not ignore the injuries of teeth, if they are not accompanied by pain, which could then lead to certain complications. Therefore, parents - beware if you are interested in the health of your child, especially his smile.