Laryngitis - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the larynx and vocal cords of any etiology. Laryngitis can be caused by colds or infectious diseases, such as whooping cough, scarlet fever, measles. The causes of laryngitis can also be overvoltage larynx (loud conversation, singing, shouting), hypothermia, mouth breathing (especially dusty or cold air).
In modern medical practice, the following types of laryngitis:
- Catarrhal - the mildest form, where there is hoarseness, a slight cough, sore throat;
- Hypertrophic - more pronounced, with increased symptoms. On the possibility of formation of the vocal cords tissue nodules, the size of a match head;
- Atrophic - thinned mucosa in the throat, struck the rear wall of the pharynx. Manifested racking cough, hoarse voice, dry mouth;
- Diphtheria - a consequence of the spread of infection to the tonsils in the throat. The mucosa of the larynx is covered with white bloom that the separation may be at the level of the vocal cords clog the airways;
- Tuberculosis - a consequence of the spread of TB from the lungs to larynx. The tissue forms a seal in the form of tubercles;
- Syphilitic - a complication of syphilis. The throat ulcers and plaques are formed (second stage) further turning into scars, distorting the vocal cords and larynx (Stage 3).
Acute laryngitis usually occurs as a result of activation of pathogenic microflora located in the larynx, influenced by various factors:
- Acute respiratory infections (influenza, scarlet fever, whooping cough);
- Severe hypothermia;
- Overvoltage vocal cords when crying or duty loud conversation, singing;
- Stimulation of nicotine;
- Prolonged exposure to dust, gas;
- Alcohol abuse.
Acute laryngitis symptoms:
- The general deterioration of health - fever, headache, sore and sore throat;
- Swelling of the throat and mucous giperemirovannost;
- Redness and thickening of the vocal cords, their partial closure;
- A notable swelling folds vestibule, a sharp redness;
- Education on the mucous dark red spots seeping blood;
- Changing the voice of considerable hoarseness to complete failure.
When an isolated acute laryngitis symptoms are similar but occur in specific foci.
Chronic laryngitis - a chronic inflammation of the larynx mucosa, submucosa and endolaryngeal muscles.
Chronic laryngitis symptoms:
- Fatigue voice;
- Periodic scratchy;
Occurrence of pathological processes of the larynx can be triggered by repetitive acute laryngitis, chronic inflammation of the nasopharynx, allergic reactions, or by regular systematic negative effects on the region of the larynx, before the formation of chronic laryngitis. Symptoms may occur depending on the time and form of inflammatory processes, with varying intensity.
The main symptom of chronic laryngitis - obviously changed voice, since developing chronic laryngitis mezhcherpalovidnoy mainly in the field and in the area of the vocal folds.
Laryngitis in children
Laryngitis in children is very dangerous, especially in the first years of life, when the immune system is just being formed, and the body's resistance is low. The sharp increase of symptoms - the main danger of laryngitis in children. He falls asleep on the mind healthy child, and at night may appear barking cough and difficulty breathing. Strong swelling of the mucous throat for a short time leads to a significant narrowing of the respiratory clearance. Unless urgent action is taken, it can lead to suffocation.
At the first symptoms of laryngitis in children needs to be called "first aid". Prior to her arrival alleviate the condition of the sick child can open the window to air in the room was fresh, with an increased oxygen content. Child's sure to keep seated, calming him, to normalize the frequency of respiration. Air desirable to moisten any way - leave the boiling kettle, hang wet towels, put open containers of just seething water.
After a visit to the doctor should strictly comply with all of its destinations. Child laryngitis patient should not be left alone, without adult supervision, especially at night. Make sure that the baby was breathing very nose, the air to be discharged into the throat warm up, cleansing and moisturizing. It is important to respect for the voice mode, to avoid stress on the damaged mucosa of the larynx, the child should speak softly and a little.
Main line treatment of laryngitis - eliminate the cause of its formation. To ensure the rest of the mucous membrane of the larynx during treatment of laryngitis should:
- Some time try not to talk at the same time is not recommended to talk in a whisper as whispering leads to irritation of the vocal cords;
- Stop smoking and drinking;
- Exclude from the diet spices, hot spices, sour, bitter food;
- Food and drink should not be much hot or cold;
- The air in the apartment constantly ventilate, to further saturate it with oxygen.
The process of treatment of laryngitis - the use of warm fluid in large quantities, inhalation, gargling, warm compresses or a warm neck bandages. For the entire period of treatment to soar feet in a warm bath for the outflow of blood from the sore throat. It is useful to drink alkaline mineral water. In more complex cases, possibly prescribing - antitussives, antihistamines, Lugol's solution in glycerin to lubricate the throat.
When all assignments acute laryngitis cured within 7-10 days. If you do not follow the rules and use, it is likely the transition of acute laryngitis chronic.
When the disease is chronic laryngitis need to undergo regular inspection, which resulted in the doctor determines an individual treatment of laryngitis for each case. Possible destination of oil and alkaline inhalations, electrophoresis in the larynx, other physiotherapy and medication. In some severe cases it may be necessary surgery.
When susceptibility to laryngitis should:
- Sticking to a healthy lifestyle;
- Conduct tempering procedures;
- Eat right, eliminating hot and spicy seasonings;
- Do not consume food and beverages in the cold;
- Take care of the vocal cords;
- While in the dirty areas are constantly airing them.
Compliance with these rules will help to reduce the incidence of acute laryngitis and reduce the probability of transition to chronic laryngitis.