Inflammation of the century
Inflammation of the century - inflammation of various etiologies, flowing on the upper, lower eyelids, or both of striking century. Symptoms
inflammation of the century are different: itching, redness, swelling. The main causes of inflammation of the century are barley (inflammation of the meibomian glands of the eyelid edge), abscess century (abscess century), blepharitis (inflammation of the edge of the eyelid), herpes infection.
Barley - acute purulent inflammation of the eyelashes or hair follicle sebaceous gland duct which runs into her bag. The primary cause of the disease is Staphylococcus aureus. Barley is also known meybomit - staphylococcal purulent inflammation of the meibomian glands. Barley can be single or multiple. There may be the development of inflammation of both upper and lower eyelids, one or both eyes.
Symptoms of inflammation of the century when meybomit:
- Swelling, redness;
- Swelling of the century;
- Tenderness to palpation;
- Purulent discharge from the top of the swelling.
In this century, the treatment reduces inflammation to a local cauterization of the inflamed area century 70% ethanol or a solution of brilliant green.
Abscess century - an abscess caused by an infection in the wound hit the surface of the eyelid skin. Often this is the result of inflammation of the century, the spread of purulent process from barley. Another common cause of inflammation of the upper eyelid (as the bottom) are purulent processes in the surrounding tissue - the paranasal sinuses, eye-socket. The most common cause is Staphylococcus abscess century.
Symptom abscess inflammation of the century:
- Increased century swelling portion thereof;
- Redness of the century;
- The acquisition of the conjunctiva yellowish;
- Pain in the eyes, the century;
- Severe headaches.
In this century, the treatment of inflammation involves the use of antibiotics to address the underlying causes of the abscess, physiotherapy. In extreme cases purulent fusion surgery is necessary.
Herpetic inflammation of the century called herpes simplex virus (Herpes Simplex), and herpes zoster virus (Herpes Zoster). The disease affects both the upper and lower eyelids, the skin formed a century
blisters filled with watery contents. In the course of the disease cloudy contents bubbles, the bubbles burst, then the affected areas heal century, covered with epithelium. The disease is complicated by severe itching, if mechanical damage occurs bubbles spread of the virus and further tissue damage. The inflammatory process is accompanied by a mild pain. Herpes viral infection is recurrent in nature.
Blepharitis is the most common cause of inflammatory processes of the century.
Inflammation of the upper eyelid (lower eyelid): blepharitis, symptoms, types of disease
Blepharitis - inflammation of the eyelid edge. The main reasons for the development of blepharitis include weakening of the protective functions of the body, chronic infections, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, the sanitary conditions of human life, vitamin deficiency, purulent inflammation of the sinuses.
The main symptoms of blepharitis include:
- Burning, redness century;
- The feeling of a foreign body in the eye;
- Foaming or pus.
Other specific symptoms characteristic of certain types of diseases.
The following types of blepharitis:
- Demodikozny - the causative agent of this type of inflammation of the lower eyelid (and top) is a mite Demodex, who lives in the follicles of the eyelashes. Human infection occurs by tick birds fluff or feathers are in the bedding;
- Scaled - this type of blepharitis is also the name of seborrhea. Typical symptoms for this type of inflammation of the upper eyelid (lower) is the narrowing of the optic fissure formation gray, white, yellowish scales like dandruff at the base of the eyelashes, heavy agonizing itching, sensitivity to light, dust, wind;
- Ulcerative - this type of inflammation of the lower eyelid (upper) is one of the most complicated forms of the disease. It is characterized by a pronounced soreness, as well as the formation of ulcers on the lash line. In some cases, there is bleeding from the affected areas of the century. The process is accompanied by loss of eyelashes;
- Angular - Angular blepharitis is characterized by localized inflammation in canthi the accumulation of foamy contents;
- Meybomievyh - inflammation of the century, a process that involves not only the skin areas of the century, but the meibomian gland. Inflammation is characterized by yellowish-white discharge, crusts, cluster around the eyes foamy-purulent content. Often this is accompanied by inflammation of the century conjunctivitis.
How to identify an inflammation of the century of the child
Inflammation of the century may develop in children. Highest risk are preschoolers and schoolchildren. The primary cause of inflammation of the century, a child is a failure to comply with hygiene. Identify inflammation century of the child can be even at the initial stage, when a child complains of painful discomfort. For example, inflammation of the century of the child manifests frequent blinking, lacrimation. The child often rubs his eyes. In infants with inflammation of the century there is frequent blinking, lacrimation, crying, refusal to eat. Upon detection of the inflammatory process in the century of the child should immediately consult a doctor.
Inflammation of the century: the treatment, prevention
When inflammation of the century, the treatment is aimed at eliminating the causes of the inflammatory process. In many cases, the patients were administered symptomatic treatment. The main place in the treatment of inflammation of the eyelids (blepharitis various etiologies in particular) is a hygiene century. To suppress the inflammatory process are assigned antibiotics topical application: ointments, drops. When ulcer, scaly blepharitis requires regular treatment of affected areas to remove flakes century and purulent discharge.
Prevention of inflammation century involves personal hygiene, nutrition, maintenance of immunity, maintaining a healthy lifestyle.