Virtually every person in their life at least once suffered such diseases as cheilitis.
Cheilitis (folk household name - "'ll pick") - a disease of the lips, which manifests itself in their paleness, the appearance of separation tissue (maceration) in the form of transverse cracks, the presence of bright red border on the line between the lips. In rare cases, cheilitis can move lips on the skin. Most often, cheilitis occurs in people suffering from hypovitaminosis B2.
In fact, the definition of "cheilitis" is not used as a diagnosis because it is a collective and united under a separate mouth disease, characterized by different etiologies.
Discolor, flaking, cracks and wrinkles resulting in a constant external influence on the lips. This meal, the temperature drops, the constant danger of infection, the impact of adverse external factors (harmful substances in the air), and finally, the voluntary use of lipstick.
Cheilitis on the lips and can cause a general deterioration of the environment, all kinds of allergy, various diseases of the endocrine system and the immune status of the organism decrease.
Classification of the most characteristic cheilitis
In medical practice, a large number of known cheilitis. However, they have different origins, and therefore, require appropriate treatment. Cheilitis on the lips is divided into:
Independent (primary) cheilites.
- Cheilitis glandularis (glandular cheilitis) - a disease which is caused by congenital or acquired infection hypertrophy and minor salivary glands.
There are forms of glandular cheilitis: primary and secondary. Primary cheilitis lip is not associated with other diseases. Secondary cheilitis, usually develops in people without congenital anomalies minor salivary glands against various diseases with the localization on the lips.
By etiological factors include heredity, tartar, periodontal disease, tooth decay and other infectious diseases. Characteristic of the age of 30 years, with the most susceptible to defeat the lower lip.
- Sheilitis exfoliativa (exfoliative cheilitis) - a disease of the red portion of the lips, which is accompanied by a strong desquamation. Most often seen in women. The main etiological factor is considered to be a different manifestation of psychopathology, disruption of the nervous system. For this form of the disease is not characteristic cheilitis spread on the skin and mucous membranes.
There are two forms exfoliative cheilitis - dry and exudative. The cause of the second form is considered the increased capillary permeability. When dry form is manifested in the appearance of flakes, dry lips. The dry form can transform into exudative. The prognosis for a favorable treatment of both forms.
- Sheilitis allergica contactis (allergic contact cheilitis) - is the result of an allergic reaction of the organism to various stimuli during their contact with the red border of the lips. Diagnosis is usually in women over 20 years. One of the etiologic factors is the use of lipsticks containing in its composition a variety of chemicals. Cheilitis may experience a constant contact with objects (pens, pencils, cigarette holders, etc.).
Cheilitis develops when the body's susceptibility to allergic reactions to chemicals. The clinical picture of this form - burning, swelling, redness of the lips. Aggravation occurs with repeated contact with irritants. In rare cases it applies to mucosa and skin.
- Sheilitis actinica (actinic (meteorological) cheilitis - inflammatory diseases of the mouth associated with increased sensitivity to external environmental factors: wind, solar radiation, cold, radiation, even in permissible limits. It is characteristic for men to 60 years. The clinical picture of the disease - and exudative dry form. There is a swelling red border, there are erosion or small bubbles. Sometimes the disease is accompanied by pain.
Symptomatic (secondary) cheilites:
- Atopic cheilitis on the lips. It is believed that the etiology of this disease is more related to genetic factors, which create the conditions for allergic reactions. Among the allergens may include drugs, cosmetics, food, etc. The disease is characterized by redness, itching, peeling red border
- Sheilitis eczematosa (eczematous cheilitis) - seen as a symptom of eczema. It may occur in acute and chronic forms. As various allergen protrude stimuli. The acute phase of the disease expressed swelling of the lips, the spread of pathological changes in the skin, itching and burning sensation in the lips, red lips.
There is an acute and chronic form. Besides the above symptoms in the acute form cheilitis appear vesicles crust. Characteristic lesions of both the lips and the transition to the skin.
With all the variety of species that have cheilitis, treatment of the disease, in addition to the use of drugs includes a lot of preventive measures, whose main task is to normalize the stereotype closing of the lips, the elimination of bad habits, normalization of food, bite correction, toning the circular muscles of the mouth, the normalization of breath through the nose, etc.
Of course in each case the dentist will study the general state of the body, to identify the causes of the disease and in addition to the treatment, advise you about the necessary procedures for promoting the prevention of cheilitis.