Mud is a method of treatment using mud has healing properties.
History of procedures
Mud used since ancient times in Egypt, India, Greece and Rome. Pliny the Elder recorded the use of healing mud on the Crimean peninsula in the treatment of various diseases. The most popular mud lake Chokrak on the Kerch Peninsula, and silt mud of the Nile, which in his treatises he wrote Claudius Galen in the 2nd century BC
Therapeutic muds are organic entities mineral type and are divided into peat, knoll and silt views. These substances are rich in vitamins, salts, enzymes, biologically active substances and gases.
In Russia, the mud began to apply in the period of settlement of the eastern nations, when they were found with deposits of salt ponds. Dirt contained iron sulphides, salts and various organic substances.
In the 19th century in Russia and other European countries mud was the main therapeutic procedure in sanatoriums. In Odessa, Lipetsk, Anapa, Mineralnye Vody in the Caucasus and other cities opened a sanatorium for mud-site stations.
Currently mud becomes a popular procedure in cosmetic salons and medical centers.
The indications for mud therapy
Displaying mud treatment for the following diseases:
- musculoskeletal system and bone structure - arthritis, rheumatism, polyarthritis of different type, spondylitis, fractures, osteitis, myositis, scoliosis, bursitis, muscle and joint injuries, osteomyelitis, etc .;
- nervous system - radiculitis, neuritis, neurofibromatosis, disturbance to the functioning of the nervous system, spinal cord and its membranes;
- respiratory system - bronchitis, asthma, infiltration, adhesions in the thoracic region, etc .;
- digestive system - gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, postoperative adhesions, colitis, hepatitis, cholecystitis, etc .;
- genitourinary system - hormonal disorders, endometritis, metritis, prostatitis, orchitis, sexual dysfunction;
- cardiovascular system - thrombophlebitis, myocarditis, arrhythmia.
Positive feedback is mud as an effective procedure aimed at healing wounds, keloids, scars and venous ulcers.
Features and benefits of mud
Mud consists of three main components:
- mud skeleton, which consists of calcium and magnesium salts, sand and clay particles;
- mud solution consisting of organic acids, salt brine, expansions estuary flora and beneficial microorganisms;
- complex colloids - organic, humus, etc.
Mud enables us to provide the body temperature, chemical and mechanical action of therapeutic nature. The result is a deep penetration and directional influence on the pathological center of disease, as well as its comprehensive treatment.
When overlaying dirt on the skin and subsequently part of the body is wrapped with a special film body goes through two phases of treatment - chemical and neuro-reflex. Nerve receptors are stimulated, and carried the excitement of the central nervous system, after which the normal metabolism.
Good reviews mud has both productive therapeutic methods aimed at enhancing blood circulation, saturate the body with oxygen and improve myocardial contractility.
After the course of treatment normalizes blood pressure, improves urination, stabilizes the functioning of the autonomic nervous system.
Mud therapy is contraindicated for cancer, tuberculosis, acute exacerbation of chronic diseases, acute infections and progressive inflammation, hypertension, gynecological diseases of infectious nature, internal bleeding, blood diseases and toxicosis.
Also mud treatment is contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Precautions mud indicated for severe diseases of the cardiovascular system, kidney and liver failure, mental disorders.